• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create borders for a video in photoshop?

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Am fairly new to photoshop and after messing around with it for a couple of hours i created two top and bottom borders for the video below:

https://www.facebook.com/lifestyleandpower/videos/155342105049855/

The thing i am not happy with the borders as they are covering parts of the video and i wanted the borders to be outside of the video and not obstructing any of the video, something similar to the video below would be ideal.

https://www.facebook.com/hiphopmotivations/videos/1938426629771070/

Any ideas how i can do this please, i would really appreciate any help i can get on this.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your video in Photoshop

Use the crop tool to increase the canvas at the top and bottom by dragging the handles

Now add your borders as new layers and render your video at the new size

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Lets say i create a border in photo shop how do i duplicate it so both the top and bottom sizes are the same? Lastly if i want to edit the video to start from a certain point am i able to do that with Photoshop or premiere pro?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

To ensure the added canvas is the same above and below, instead of using the crop tool use Image Canvas size and keep the anchor central so that the new canvas is added equally to the top and bottom.

For editing video, whilst you can use Photoshop, if you have Premiere Pro I would use it. It was designed from the ground up for video editing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're video is the size you want it - say a standard size, you might want to wrap your video in a smart object then reduce that to fit your border rather than increase the canvas size. And I agree what Premier Pro would be a better choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies i really appreciate it. What i've done so far is import the video in to photoshop and used the crop tool to create the top and bottom borders which i've done successfully. I then saved the project in photoshop and uploaded it to premiere pro and i've tried to export the media in premiere pro but when i try and play the video after it's frozen on the first screen and it doesn't play the video? Any ideas on how to sort this out please?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines