• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS6- Resize & reposition the "Open" DIalog

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Mac OS X 10.11(El Capitan).  I've been using PS CS6 with several OS X versions, but I cannot seem to find an answer to this issue in El Capitan.  In each OS version I have had to resize and position the "Open" dialog screen, but usually don't have a problem with that.  However, in OS X 10.11 I haven't yet been able to make the adjustments to that dialog stick.  The default "Open" dialog size and position is useless for my work, and of course it can be resized and positioned to suit, but it will not maintain those settings.  I realize this is probably a rather trivial issue, but not so for my workflow.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Unfortunately, there no fix i'm aware of for that problem in photoshop cs6 and El Capitan.

It's still the same in macOS Sierra and i'm guessing it won't be fixed since both apple and adobe consider cs6

legacy and they no longer support it.

Even with the latest photoshop cc 2017 it's still only partially fixed even in macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there no fix i'm aware of for that problem in photoshop cs6 and El Capitan.

It's still the same in macOS Sierra and i'm guessing it won't be fixed since both apple and adobe consider cs6

legacy and they no longer support it.

Even with the latest photoshop cc 2017 it's still only partially fixed even in macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this Jeff,

Well actually, no thanks for this ;^(  I certainly appreciate the reply, but not this sort of news obviously.  I also have a cloned HDD with Yosemite installed, but haven't been able to check this issue yet.  Perhaps it will work on that OS, but I rather doubt that will be the case.  It's very unfortunate, albeit somewhat understandable, that both Adobe and Apple have now deserted PS CS6 completely.  This might seem to be a rather insignificant issue to some, but with all of the image files I open during the day it's a massive nuisance to say the least.

Thanks again,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines