Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM - adding a Bing meta tag(Bing Webmaster)

Level 1

I'm trying to add a meta-tag (Bing site verification) using DTM. I created a page load rule with trigger rule at the top of page and added the tag as Sequential HTML.

The satellitelib js contains the page load rules but it is not writing the HTML in the header.

The meta tag must be placed in the head

Example

<html>

<head>

<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="8022B7CE489F9C95E85BF0FB0DFFEC3E" />

<title>Your SEO optimized title</title>

</head>

<body>

page contents

</body>

</html>

Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

One consultant I spoke with said they have had some luck using a JS script that includes code to write the tag to the DOM. Something like (Head[0].appendChild). Your milage may very with a meta tag, but I thought I would share incase you wanted to try.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

According to the documentation here, any sequential HTML without the <script> tag is injected in the <body> instead of the <head> tag. Since I see your trying to deploy a <meta> tag, it doesn't make since to use a <script> tag.

Let me ask around internally and get back to you. Stay tuned.

Level 10

After asking around a bit, it doesn't sound like injecting a meta tag would work as expected via any Tag Manager. The reasons is that the browser will likely have already parsed through all the meta tags before the tag manager is loaded and able to inject the meta tag.

It sounds like this tag might need to be hardcoded into the code rather that injected via tag manager.

Correct answer by
Level 10

One consultant I spoke with said they have had some luck using a JS script that includes code to write the tag to the DOM. Something like (Head[0].appendChild). Your milage may very with a meta tag, but I thought I would share incase you wanted to try.