• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to delete alt text/tool tip for deleted tag?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a strange problem. In remediating a PDF I tagged a couple of boxes that were part of the layout as figures and made the mistake of writing alt text for them. As they aren't essential parts of the communication, I then created artifacts out of their tags and deleted said figure tags.

The problem: That alt text is still showing up as tool tips. So now when I hoover over some text and links, the tool tips "Box holding section of text" and "Shading on box in layout" comes up.

Question: How do I remove that alt text and those tool tips after I've already created artifacts and then deleted the tags they were associated with? How the heck do I access that dang alt text now? (Without starting over...)

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can access the Object Properties dialogue from the Content Pane - right click the Artifact container and select properties. Check for Expansion Text - on the Content tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, there is no expansion text there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Alt Text or Actual Text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines