Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC17 menu issues? ++

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

First time at the forums for this 20-year+ Photoshop user (PS4, PS6, CS3, and now CC17). I just installed the latter the other day, and here's what I find annoying:

1. Sub menus: FILE, EDIT, & IMAGE all work properly, with the sub- menus showing to the right, the same as the little arrows point. All other sub menus from LAYER to HELP show on the left. To say this is annoying is an understatement, at least to me.

2. What's with the pink lines and coordinate boxes every time I move an object? Are the pink lines the auto guides?  Either way, I looked in preferences and saw no options to turn this annoyance  (I'm sure of great use to others) off.

3. For some reason my Ctrl key activates, even after a simple save, and I don't use the keyboard (all done on my tablet). A small Ctrl flag appears next to the cursor, and I have to hit the Ctrl key to shut it off so I can use the selected tool. This is quite frequent too.

Any help here would be appreciated and, yes, I did search first.

So far CC17 is nice, despite the above, but I didn't need it , however after 3 calls to support I gave up trying to reactivate CS3 after Adobe forced me to ( it wouldn't work on line, and a lot of time wasting to try doing it with a new installer, serial #, and deleting old files). Very troubled to see this happen to an honest user who bought the entire CS3 suite! I figure all of CS3 is trash now. Smart move, Adobe, to force folks to upgrade!

Thanks for your time.

Lou Betti

Boca Raton, FL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the ctrl key. You can turn off smart guides as shown in the screen shot below. Also note that my submenus do appear on the right rather than the left. I'm not sure if this is an OS thing. I seemed to recall mine doing that briefly, but now they are acting as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chuck! I don't know about this menu glitch, I'm using updated Win10.

Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, had some time to research this on Google. I got rid of the coordinates (preferences/tools), and found where to shut off the smart guides (view/show), except it appears to be per document as to the guides, so I need to do it for each one. Is there something I am missing here?

I still have the issue with the Ctrl key being "pressed", Anyone experiencing this? I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I turn off the smart guides, they seem to stay off. Maybe you need to reset your preferences, as several things seem to be out of whack. I'm using Win 10 also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recently disabled the activation server for cs3 if your still interested in cs3.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs3-product-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff. Yeah, been there done that, and it was a 5 hour nightmare with no positive result, aside from a new serial number. 3 calls to tech support, and they gave up and referred me to these forums: "that's where the experts are". Uh, I don't think so (no offense). I got the hint and just went with CC17-can't waste time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines