• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

function Transparant does not work

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By a new document when I choose the "transparant", it does not work. I always get white background

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Hi

If you are able to see the correct menu items but are not getting the expected result then I would reset Photoshop preferences

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. The timing can be a little tricky but if you get it right you will prompted to delete the current settings. New preferences files will then be created.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You have posted in the Lounge which is for non-technical discussions. We can move your post to an appropriate forum if you can tell us what application you are using (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop..... etc)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your Answer Dave. I am working with Photoshop CC 2014. I

already have done everything what I have read about  " to get a transparant

background" but without  getting this transparant...

Kind regards Eva

[email details removed ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to Photoshop forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For a brand new document you can start with a transparent background by choosing it from the New document dialogue

Once opened it will stay transparent as long as you save your document in a file format that supports transparency - such as PSD / TIFF /PNG.  Note : Jpeg does not support transparency.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave but this is that problem I mean. If I choose tranparent it doesn´t work... I always get white. A few times PC or Photoshop started, but without any result... Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you are able to see the correct menu items but are not getting the expected result then I would reset Photoshop preferences

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. The timing can be a little tricky but if you get it right you will prompted to delete the current settings. New preferences files will then be created.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I got it! Lot of thanks Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines