• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 freezes on MT Extra font, how can I remove it from list?

Participant ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a MT Extra font in my font list in Photoshop cc 2017 that freezes Photoshop every time it is selected. I don't really have to select the font if I just run my cursor down the list it hangs on that font name. It then gives me a font error box that keeps coming back when I close it. I haven't found a way to get off that font once it is selected and wind up having to shut down the computer to clear it out, potentially losing all my work. I checked in my Windows fonts folder and it isn't in there which is probably why I'm getting the error. Is there any way I can remove it from my Photoshop font list? As it is, it is virtually impossible to access any fonts in the list after the MT Extra.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Linda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

Have you checked the control panel for "MathType 4", please try to uninstall it to remove the font from your computer and let us know if it works.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Sahil,

I just did a search in all of the Control Panel for Math Type 4 and got no results.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linda, did you look under Control Panel > Programs and Features and find anything related to Math Type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did, nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search in the main Control Panel Pane should have brought it up if it was in any of the different settings like Fonts or Programs, shouldn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close all applications.

Click the Start button and then select Control Panel.

In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Personalization.

Now, look for the Fonts option and once you find it, click it. You will see the Fonts window with all fonts you have installed in your Windows PC.

Select the Font that you want to uninstall.

Click the Delete button at top of the window. A confirmation dialog box will appear.

Click the Yes button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me finish up what I'm doing in Photoshop first, should take a couple of minutes at the most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K, I didn't read this over before I replied last. I already did this, that was the fist thing I did before I posted here. That Font, Math Type 4 nor the MT extra is in the fonts listed as being on this computer. Here is a screen shot of my fonts. Not sure you will be able to read it though.

Screen shot for fonts.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to just remove it from the list in Photoshop since it isn't in my font file on the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doing number six, deleting the CT file. Took me a while to find it!! Instructions a to delete it in cc 2014 and 15, what about 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It applies to 2017 aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

Sorry for the delay. I had to step away from the computer and am just now getting back.

I went through the steps on the above troubleshooting suggestions. Although I couldn't find the PDF file for the FontTest script to run that so jumped to six. By removing the CT Font Cache for every version of Photoshop showing up in the master file and following the steps laid out did in fact clear that font from the font list in Adobe Photoshop CC 2017. I should be good to go now. Hopefully it won't come back!!

Thank you,

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's working for you, feel free to reach out to us for any queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines