• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp independent arms and scaling

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know that the arms have to be independent in order for the hinge and staple functions to work properly. But now I can't scale my character as a whole. Is there a work around for this, so I can still bend my characters arms properky, but have him scale with the rest of the character?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Allowing hinged independent groups to scale with the parent group scales is one of the changes we made for the upcoming release. If you have a .puppet file that you can send us, we can confirm that it is addressed by the new version, and if so and you need it to work, we can add you to the prerelease program. Feel free to send a direct message to me with a shared link (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) to the .puppet file.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen that before. Can you show us a screen cap of your setup in the rig panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's the screen grab

thanks

arm issues.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice you have added the transform behavior to some body parts. Can't see which ones they are, but this might be part of the problem. Usually the puppet when first imported has a single transform behavior for the whole thing. If different parts have the transform, that would scale them separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for checking out my issue, all of that transforming was me messing with the arms, trying to get them to work how I intended. Jeff checked out my file and confirmed that scaling the arms, while independlent isn't possible in the current version of ca.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allowing hinged independent groups to scale with the parent group scales is one of the changes we made for the upcoming release. If you have a .puppet file that you can send us, we can confirm that it is addressed by the new version, and if so and you need it to work, we can add you to the prerelease program. Feel free to send a direct message to me with a shared link (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) to the .puppet file.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines