Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not complete the Camera Raw Filter command because of a disk error"

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could not complete the Camera Raw Filter command because of a disk error"

I am getting this message whenever I try to open the Camera Raw Filter in Photoshop CC 2017.1.1.  I am on a brand new 2017 iMac 5K running 10.12.6.  This issue does not occur on my Macbook Pro.

Does any one else getting this or know what I should try? 

I ran disk utility and everything seems ok.

- It does not matter which image I am working on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

SOLVED!  I just got off the phone with Adobe tech support and after trying many things that did not work, we created a new user account and opened Photoshop with that account.  It worked!  ACR opened right up.  Apparently it was something with my current user account.  Later today I will be reformatting my hard drive and starting with a fresh installation.

I hope this solution works for anyone else having this issue.

Update:  I used Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and uninstalled Photoshop.  The

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not solve the issue.  I did also try restoring preferences, I have increased RAM usage to allow for 80%, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, restarted my computer, tried opening files stored on an external drive as well as my computers internal drive.  Nothing seems to help. 

In addition to Disk Utility showing an ok drive, I also checked my drive with DriveDX and it shows a health of 100%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!  I just got off the phone with Adobe tech support and after trying many things that did not work, we created a new user account and opened Photoshop with that account.  It worked!  ACR opened right up.  Apparently it was something with my current user account.  Later today I will be reformatting my hard drive and starting with a fresh installation.

I hope this solution works for anyone else having this issue.

Update:  I used Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and uninstalled Photoshop.  Then I wen't in to my /Library/Application Support/Adobe? and deleted the Photoshop and Camera Raw folders.  Then I reinstalled Photoshop CC and everything works perfectly.  No need to start with a fresh OS installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downloading & running the Adobe Cleaner Tool after you uninstall all apps from your computer could help too...

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Then reboot your computer (don't skip this step), and proceed with reinstalling the tools you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines