• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash in chrome on WinXP?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is pre-installed in Google Chrome and updates automatically!
You can skip the steps below. See Flash Player with Google Chrome.

Get Adobe Flash player

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION
Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Google Chrome (PPAPI)

Your Operating System (OS)

Windows (XP)

2. Download the latest version of Flash Player

Step two i have done but i still have this version of flash on Chrome, what do i do if flash is still not working?

[moderator: edited title to add 'WinXP' for clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version of Chrome for Windows XP only detects, and loads, the embedded version of Flash Player.  It will not load the non-embedded version (which you have installed) by default.  There are 2 ways to solve this:

Option 1:

Launch Chrome with the --ppapi-flash-path and --ppapi-flash-version command-line arguments telling Chrome which Flash Player version to load:

• For example, on a 64-bit OS:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_26_0_0_89.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="26.0.0.89"
  • On a 32-bit OS, use:
    "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_26_0_0_89.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="26.0.0.89"

If you have a short-cut to Chrome, you can edit the shortcut 'Target' to include these arguments and parameters

Option 2:

Copy the pepflashplayer32_VERSION.dll from the Macromed\Flash directory to the Google embedded Flash Player version location and rename it to pepflashplayer.dll

1. Launch Chrome
  2. Navigate to chrome://plugins
  3. Locate the Flash Player entry and look for the Flash Path directory (you may need to expand the entry details).
  4. Go to the Macromed\Flash directory corresponding with the Chrome bit version (32-bit Chrome, go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\, 64-bit Chrome go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\)
  5. Copy the pepflashplayer DLL file from the Macromed\Flash directory and paste it into the Flash Path directory obtained in step 2 above.  Rename the file to pepflashplayer.dll
  6. Launch Chrome
  7. It should launch with the newer version

You will need to do this with each release of Flash Player as the last version of Chrome for XP only loads the file from the embedded version location, no the \Macromed\Flash location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused about what file i need to rename this is what the path looks like now.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash

In the PepperFlash file there are two more files one named the ole version which is 23.0.0.164 and the other i may have changed, but it's Pepperflash.dll.

I have put the new version 27.0.0.130 In both because again I am confused on where it goes.

Which file do i rename, and what if It does not solve my plugin problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get Adobe Flash player

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION
Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Google Chrome (PPAPI)

Windows (XP)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version of Chrome for Windows XP only detects, and loads, the embedded version of Flash Player.  It will not load the non-embedded version (which you have installed) by default.  There are 2 ways to solve this:

Option 1:

Launch Chrome with the --ppapi-flash-path and --ppapi-flash-version command-line arguments telling Chrome which Flash Player version to load:

• For example, on a 64-bit OS:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_26_0_0_89.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="26.0.0.89"
  • On a 32-bit OS, use:"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_26_0_0_89.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="26.0.0.89"

If you have a short-cut to Chrome, you can edit the shortcut 'Target' to include these arguments and parameters Option 2:Copy the pepflashplayer32_VERSION.dll from the Macromed\Flash directory to the Google embedded Flash Player version location and rename it to pepflashplayer.dll

1. Launch Chrome
  2. Navigate to chrome://plugins
  3. Locate the Flash Player entry and look for the Flash Path directory (you may need to expand the entry details).
  4. Go to the Macromed\Flash directory corresponding with the Chrome bit version (32-bit Chrome, go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\, 64-bit Chrome go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\)
  5. Copy the pepflashplayer DLL file from the Macromed\Flash directory and paste it into the Flash Path directory obtained in step 2 above.  Rename the file to pepflashplayer.dll
  6. Launch Chrome
  7. It should launch with the newer version

You will need to do this with each release of Flash Player as the last version of Chrome for XP only loads the file from the embedded version location, no the \Macromed\Flash location.

I have done this but flash is still reading that it is 23, not 21 sorry for the confusion.

problem still not yet resolved.

Thank you for you r help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iIt's possible my instructions were not accurate.  Is this a 32- or 64-bit XP system?

<edit>

post a screenshot of the chrome://plugins Flash Player entry showing the path to the Flash Player version Chrome is using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get Adobe Flash player

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION
Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Google Chrome (PPAPI)

Windows (XP)

Yes! I did it, but I'm still having problem with this page. http://www.webgameu.com/webgames/sports/DaBomb_Pong.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce.  The site http://www.webgameu.com/webgames/sports/DaBomb_Pong.html is working for me:

untitled.JPG

Note that the version in chrome://plugins is incorrect. This is because chrome://plugins is using the version that was installed by Chrome, not the version I installed manually (and copied to the Chome plugin's location).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 27.0.0.130
Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0

Name:Shockwave Flash

Description:Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0

Version:27.0.0.130

Location:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\27.0.0.130\pepflashplayer.dll

Type:PPAPI (out-of-process)

Disable

MIME types:
MIME typeDescriptionFile extensions
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplashShockwave Flash
.spl

Disable

your instruction where right i think, but I had to rename the part that is 27.0.0.130 too.

I apologize but this is that page for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting these message about Insufficient privilege to download latest adobe flash.

I was trying to uninstall than to reinstall, and I ran in to a little bit of program issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting these message about Insufficient privilege to download latest adobe flash.

Do you mean 'installing'?  Please reboot the system and try again.  We've had a few reports of users getting this error (on different Windows Systems) and a reboot seemed to work.

If the reboot doesn't work, upload the FlashInstall32.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash directory to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161

Also, some a/v software has occasionally interfered with Flash Player installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com 

win 32 i believe Ms. Varges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i was talking about installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you try installation after reboot? Do you still see the same error?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<edit>

Hi,

Thank you for posting the log file. I  do see permissions errors on one of the required files:

0014 00001031 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_27_0_0_130.dll:5

Please attempt a clean installation of Flash Player:

1. Follow the instructions at https://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315 to completely remove Flash Player from your system.
  2. Reboot the system
  3. Download the latest installer from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions​
    1. Select the OS and browser you want to install Flash Player for
  4. Run the installer

If the 'insufficient permissions' error is returned again, there is most likely a file-system, or registry issue with the permissions.  You can try fixing permissions on the individual file. See http://www.thewindowsclub.com/access-denied-error-windows​.  Perform the clean installation instructions again.

If neither of these work, the tech note https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-windows-registry-permissions.html contains information for fixing the file-system/registry permissions.  Note that by following the instructions on this tech note, you'll manipulating the registry permissions.  Making a back-up of the registry is always recommended prior to modifying the registry.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was helpful I performed all the step in the video to install the player from the video and from your notes that you just uploaded. The issue is not the flash player installer now so thank you for your help.

I found the note helpful to cleaning up the flash player files because I was not sure if i was renaming everything correctly. So now I hope that this reinstall just put my mind at ease with that, I'm not a computer person, or programmer. so thank you again.

This website is not performing right DaBomb Pong_webgameu. ​I know that it is the reason that I did this forum in the first place. Is this from the error that you found in the last post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my ebook for class that does not work is there a resolution for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In June 2017 I posted a comprehensive step-by-step guide (with pictures) on how to update Flash Player (PepperFlash) for Google Chrome on Windows XP.

Part of that solution includes changing the version number on the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen Fox\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\28.0.0.137

(​You must replace "Stephen Fox" above with whatever the name of your user account name is.)

After pasting the updated file in that folder, the version number must be updated, otherwise the chrome:\\plugins flag will not correctly detect the correct version of the plugin that is inside the folder.

Here is what I believe to be the simplest procedure for updating Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines