• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit jpeg compressing rate

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to edit the jpeg compression.

for example I have a PSD file that is about 158mb and when I save it as jpeg (highest quality 12) the file size reduces to 7MB

I don't wont it be smaller then 10MB. So is there away to set a limit that doesn't go under 10MB.

I use Photoshop CC 2017

The reason way I want this, is that the webshop service I use for selling prints, doesn't allow images under 10MB.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Then give them a TIFF, not a jpeg.

Setting a minimum file size is ridiculous and just shows they have no idea what it means. Jpeg uses data compression - not data reduction! - to lower the file size.

Don't upsample! That ruins the image before you can say megabyte.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, there isn't a way. 12 is the top, and many have found out that 12 is an overkill for jpgs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any suggestions on how to make an image not go under 10MB? I have tried to resize the image to 200% it works, but then the quality suffers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it's a crude way for them to make sure images are high enough pixel count. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pixel minimum is 3648 pixels, but I'm way over that, but still some picture doesn't pass the 10MB limit. So the pixels are my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that jpeg compressed file-size depends on both compression level and image content it seems a strange figure.

Do you have a link to the submission requirements?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then give them a TIFF, not a jpeg.

Setting a minimum file size is ridiculous and just shows they have no idea what it means. Jpeg uses data compression - not data reduction! - to lower the file size.

Don't upsample! That ruins the image before you can say megabyte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

choosing "Preserve Details" when using Image/ resize is the best way to maintain detail and increase pixel count.  If you must enlarge your image use this setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines