• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI and Windows 10 + cannot create PDF or combine files to PDF

Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I am having trouble with Acrobat XI and Windows 10 - I have two windows 10 computers, on one Acrobat XI is working with no issues but on the other It is not.

I cannot create a PDF by right clicking on a file and selecting Create PDF not can I combine multipole files into one PDF. In both cases Acrobat just stops responding and I need to end the process to force the application to close.

Originally I was able to PDF a simple .txt file but not Office 16 documents so I completely uninstalled Acrobat XI and Office 365 From my computer and reinstalled Office 365, Acrobat XI and installed all available Acrobat updates. After a restart of the computer I was able to create PDF files from Word Documents but right clicking and selecting Create PDF and Combine multiple files BUT the computer was turned off on the Friday afternoon and when it was turned on on Monday morning nothing was working again.

I have no idea what is going on with this particular install, as I have another computer setup in exactly the same way with no issues.

Does anyone have any ideas? I know that this product is reaching its end of life but the organisation has only just purchased licenses for it through Connecting up and moving to the latest version is cost prohibitive for the amount they use it.

Thanks

Steve

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sgazza,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not able to create a PDF file using the Acrobat 11, Is that correct?

Please use Adobe Cleaner tool to remove the Acrobat 11: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs Link: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Restart your computer and then install the Acrobat 11 from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines