• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get face attached to body

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble getting the face for this character to attach to the body. This just happened when I added the walk behavior. It's a different setup so the "head" is really the body itself. I've tried turning "warp independently" on and off, adding anchor points, etc. It may be in my layer structure, but I'm just not finding the right options. Any help would be great!!

Puppet file: Steve-template.puppet - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, nice character!

Second - I'd remove independence from the body, and remove the neck tag from the body and instead add it to the Head group. See the Walkbot example from the Start mode - he's set up similarly.

Actually, this is such a different structure that you might be able to get away with just having everything as a body, and putting the head inside of it. Or as a giant head. Not sure but one of those might make him move more as one piece, since his head and body are kinda fused together, you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Yeah, I removed the independence from the body, but when I do it distorts during the walk behavior instead of moving as one solid block like I want. If I do everything as a body will I still be able to control the facial features the same? Basically everything like it is, it just won't have a "head" group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it should. I've made characters with just bodies or just heads. Like Acquavella from Okay Samurai Puppets is just a head group. Doing something similar may be your best bet, I'd imagine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines