• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lasso feather option greyed out

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the middle of a editing session, my feathering option for the lasso suddenly greyed out and now I can no longer adjust it.

perhaps I touched a key on my keyboard or something, I dont know. all I know is I can no longer adjust the feathering option for my lasso.
Polygonal Lasso, rectangular marquee tool and others still offer the feathering option. but my regular lasso will not. it is very obnoxious.

Can someone explain to me how this could happen, what did I press, what did i do to cause this?

Thanks

Feather option greyed out.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

This may not answer why you're having this problem, but here is a workaround to your frustration:

First make your selection, and then choose the  Select menu and then Modify>Feather, which then will bring up the dialog box where you can choose your size.

I like this option better, because I have more control over my selection and I can undo/redo the feather as many times as I need to get the effect I want. If you have the feather set in the options bar before you create your selection,  you are

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset the Lasso Tool by right clicking on the lasso icon in the tool options bar and clicking on Reset Tool.

ret.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not answer why you're having this problem, but here is a workaround to your frustration:

First make your selection, and then choose the  Select menu and then Modify>Feather, which then will bring up the dialog box where you can choose your size.

I like this option better, because I have more control over my selection and I can undo/redo the feather as many times as I need to get the effect I want. If you have the feather set in the options bar before you create your selection,  you are stuck with what you set, but if you choose to create the selection first, and then use the Modify>Feather command you have more control.

Try it and see if you like it!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What worked for me was a combination of both answers. I tried resetting the tool to no avail, so I tried Mglush's suggestion of using the Select>Modify>Feather option, and I noticed it turned the feather option on the tool back on. The Menu option overrides the tool option though, and since I don't want to have to open a menu everytime I need to make a change, at this point I tried resetting the tool again with the right click option. This worked to clear the Menu override and left the Tool feather option un-greyed for future editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines