• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annual Commitment for "Photography" Plan?

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having some frustrations with the Adobe live chat "reps" and wanted to get clarification on the Plans offered for Photoshop. Since the Live Chat person kept changing her answers I was left confused?

The site plans menu says "no annual commitment," however, upon checkout for the photography plan, I believe the menu says it will bill me monthly for a YEAR CONTRACT. So this is a contract yes? The "no annual commitment" bulletpoint seems like false advertising if so. Am I correct in saying that the plans are actually yearly contracts, billed monthly, and that a cancellation would incur fees - thereby indicating that it is not on a month to month "no annual contract" basis?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site plans menu says "no annual commitment,"

Where are you reading that? Got a link?

Am I correct in saying that the plans are actually yearly contracts, billed monthly, and that a cancellation would incur fees

Yes.

thereby indicating that it is not on a month to month "no annual contract" basis?

There are separate plans available on a month-by-month basis.The Photography Plan is not one of those plans. It is an annual plan, paid monthly with early cancellation fees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what John said the Photographic Plan does tie you to a 12 month contract perfectly true. What may be the source of the reps confusion is the fact you can cancel the plan at any time, but if you do that there is a penalty for breaching the contract. This amounts to a lump sum payment of 50% of the time outstanding on the subscription. So if you cancelled say after 4 months you would have 8 months of contract period left-Adobe would bill you for 50% of that time ie 4 months at $10 or $40. Similarly cancel after 2 months and you get billed for 5 months of subscriptions or $50. Your access to Photoshop will end at the end of the month you cancel. You can subscribe to a plan that is penalty free and you pay month by month but it is twice as expensive as the Photographic Plan and does not include Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly suspect that some of the help line people have never even used Photohop.  They use Expert Systems where they ask you a question, and depending on your response, the system branches to another question and so on until they get to the best reolution.  The problem with this is that the system is not going to cover every eventuallity, and the Help Centre people simply don't have the expertise and knowledge to anwer some questions satisfactory.

If your issue is not about your account, or does not need a staff member — like for resetting activations of permqanent license versions — then it is much better to come to these forums. 

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quite right Trevor, it's all database driven on the help desk. I imagine as CS6 and before are now no longer supported by Adobe they will have taken the relevant help information off the system, which might be why the techs can never help with anything other than Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines