Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing gif; problem with layers

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends,

I am noob in photoshop and I need to edit one gif. What I am doing is putting two faces in one gif. I edited one face, do not even know how to be honest and everything went well. And that face ends at frame 43 and now I need to put another face I just cut with lasso. The problem is when I paste that face to frame 44, it adds it to every other frame to. I do not need that layer at any fram till 44th one.

I hope I explained that so you can understand what I am talking about. I am not so skillful in PS as I said so I find it hard to express myself.

So my question is, how can you add face to only one frame of the gif ? Or in just few of frame, for example to just 10 frames out of 55 ?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Hi

In the timeline select the frames where you don't want the new layer to show and in the layers panel toggle that layer visibility off (the eye symbol)

For the frames where you do want a layer to show - In the timeline select those frames where you do want the layer to show and toggle the layer visibility on.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In the timeline select the frames where you don't want the new layer to show and in the layers panel toggle that layer visibility off (the eye symbol)

For the frames where you do want a layer to show - In the timeline select those frames where you do want the layer to show and toggle the layer visibility on.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Dave, you were great help. I done what you said and everything is okay now.

Beside help with this problem, I want to thank you for realy quick reply.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines