• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to automate image stacks based on filename?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm trying to create a script to sandwich pairs of images together to create new images.

Basically, I have a series of images titled like this:

test_1

test_1_add

test_2

test_2_add

test_3

test_3_add

I want photoshop to take "test_1_add", place it as a layer (with blending mode as add) on top of "test_1", and then save as a new file. Then I want it to repeat this process with "test_2", "test_3", etc. In a perfect world, this would all be automated, so that after setting up the script, all it would take is one click and then everything would be processed.

Is this doable? Please let me know where to start with making this happen. Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That type of Photoshop automation would need to be done using Photoshop scripting.  Action can not use logic to pair things together. There is a Photoshop scripting forum you could look into.  However, if you do not have some programming knowledge.  Scripting Photoshop will be over you head above your skill set.  Scripting Photoshop is not an easy task like recording actions.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I don't have a ton of experience with scripting but I may consider hiring out to have something coded up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a problem, as you can see it is a common enough request and you will likely find that some of the scripts work for you without adjustment, while others may need refining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the list of links, it's a huge help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines