• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web2PDF add-on doesn't appear in Firefox Add-on

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to add the Adobe Acrobat add-on "Web2PDF to my Firefox browser.  When I go the the menu for add-on it doesn't appear although I do have Acrobat X1 Pro loaded on my Windows 10 desk top.  Even when I search for it, it doesn't appear.

When I find that add-on under Help in my Acrobat program on my desktop , it says that I have it, Certified: Yes, but Loaded: No.

How can I get it on my browser?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Howardn,

As per the description above, you are not able to integrate the Web/Create PDF add-on in Firefox, Is that correct?

Please follow the steps in the following link: Enable Create PDF extension for Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Acrobat Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-createpdf-extension-firefox.html

If the issue persists, you might have to reset the browser.

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, but I know all the steps you included.  This issue is that the extension named Adobe Acrobat – Create PDF appears at all.  In addition, it isn't found when I search for it! Therefore, I am not able to select the Extension in the left pane, nor go to customize to include the icon in the Firefox toolbar.

What is unusual is that on my laptop which is virtually identical to the desktop where I'm having this issue, it's there.  Is it possible for you to you tell me the file name and where it resides on my laptop so that I could copy it and paste into the proper location on my desktop.

Thank you,

Howard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this.

Adobe Acrobat PRO DC 2017.012.20098

Firefox 56.0 (64-bit)

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Here is my Firefox Add-ons list:

FirefoxAddons.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Howard,

Are you still facing the issue or you were able to add the Web2PDF add-on in Firefox?

Keep us posted with the results, and if you have found any solution, please share the steps/workaround.

regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if Howard is having the problem anymore, but all you need to know is that at least one person is, and that person is me. I'm not Howard, but I am the one who gave you my system specs and the screenshot above.

My use case is the following: I have a paper form I want to lay out on a grid. The form must be paper because multiple unkAdobe Acrobat has no collision detection or positioning of form layouts inline with text. The same problem besets Adobe InDesign. It's the year 2017, and the most robust solutions for form layout and grid design are Web frameworks such as Bootstrap. I used to think that I could use Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation to lay out my form and have Adobe Web2PDF convert it directly. Adobe Web2PDF does not "recognize" forms; it creates them by parsing the HTML <input> and <textarea> tags directly into PDF text fields, radio buttons, etc. But Adobe Web2PDF has very limited support for CSS in general and clearly uses nothing called Gecko and nothing called Webkit in the process. Both Gecko (Firefox's layout engine) and Webkit (Safari's layout engine; Google Chrome uses either Webkit or a fork of Webkit called Blink) are excellent tools to print the Web in a reasonable approximation of what it would look like on a similar-size screen, with additional support for page margins and page breaks and print-specific CSS rules. I wanted to see if doing it through the add-on would combine Firefox printing with Adobe parsing of the HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines