• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Image inside image window goes transparent/greyed out?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When either myself or my co-worker shift an image (sometimes just placing it) in an image window, the content image will suddenly become greyed-out or appear as though it is transparent.  We are unable to get it to appear normal. It is not transparent, or any of the settings/gradients showing that it is anything different. We can click off of the image and move it around, and still, it appears grayed out.

I have to actually delete the image and replace it and try to not move it.  So far there hasn't been any set way to duplicate it, so I'm unsure what I'm actually doing to cause it to happen. Any help is appreciated as this has become a real annoyance.

Anyone else encountering this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect what you perceive as the image disappearing is not actually happening to the image; just a screen redraw stall issue. I see it too sometimes when working with High Quality Display enabled (View > Display Performance).

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Magnus+Champlin  wrote

I have to actually delete the image and replace it...

Try instead just toggling to Typical Display mode (Ctrl+Alt+Z)...and then back, if desired, to High Quality (Ctrl+Alt+H). If the image returns, it confirms my screen redraw stall theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images aren't disappearing, it's just suddenly ghostly.

I'm not using high quality display setting, though it happens on both our machines (she uses high quality). And we tried switching that before writing. That didn't fix the issue.

It actually PRINTS out transparent.

Here is an example, as it just happened. I dragged the file into the window area to replace a previous image and it popped in there like this. ( the previous image was fine and not transparent)  This image is a 1.5 MB file of the woman, so not that big at all... It just is like that...

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 3.06.57 PM.png
an update: after a restart, the image now shows that it is a 25% transparency, so you can slide it to fix it.  But, it's annoying that this happens in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Magnus+Champlin  wrote

an update: after a restart, the image now shows that it is a 25% transparency, so you can slide it to fix it.  But, it's annoying that this happens in the first place.

Ah, well that surely shouldn't be happening. A few items to investigate:

1. With the image selected, check the Object Styles panel to see if there is a style applied which could be affecting the transparency. Unless you made additional styles, by default the [Basic Graphics Frame] Object Style should be applied. If that's the case, open the [Basic Graphics Frame] style (dbl- or rt-click on it) and check the transparency settings within.
  2. With nothing selected, check Opacity setting in the Effects panel. It should be 100%. If it was inadvertently set to 25% while nothing was selected, it has become a default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a shot in the dark here.

I'm wondering if you may have changed your transparency settings by accident. If you have nothing selected and change anything (such as opacity), this will become your new default. All objects drawn will now be at 25% opacity. If you save the file, these defaults are saved with the file and will still be at 25% on another computer..

Try deselecting everything to see if opacity is at 25%. If it is, make it 100%, draw a new frame and Place your image again.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I just came to post about this problem. Been having this issue since I moved from CS6 to CC couple month ago. Not always but say 50% of times when I move an image within a frame it changes transparency. Nothing indicated that the image have changed transparency.

I made a screen recording to illustrate the problem. What you see here is:

1. Dragging an image to a frame

2. Moving it and it changes transparency

3. Undoing the image placement

4. Dragging the same image

5. While holding CMD I drag the frame edge so it transforms the image within the frame – This is the workaround I found that helps (other than deleting the frame or undoing the placement). Undoing the transformation makes the image not change the transparency again.

6. I place another image, manipulate it and show Effects panel that says the image is 100% opacity.

Is there a solution for this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines