Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Pro (2017) Older Photoshop Pen Pressure Help

Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know my version is a million years old (CS4) but if anyone has any help about getting pen pressure to work in photoshop and illustrator with the new surface pro even with a newer version it might help. I've tried installing the wintab drivers (both 32 and 64 bit) as well as some wacom drivers but no luck so far. On my desktop I have a cintiq which had no problem running pressure pens in photoshop and illustrator CS4. Thanks a lot for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think to get it working you would need to download and install Microsoft Pen device driver that use Wintab API which is the only API old version of Photoshop used for pen support. Make sure you have install the correct driver for your model Surface.  The first surfaces used Wacome pen and drivers.

Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Microsoft unleashes more new firmware, drivers for the Surface Book and Surface Pro 4

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJ,

I have the newest Surface Pro (2017), I have tried installing the wintab driver listed under the surface pro 4 (the 32bit and the 64bit versions) since I didn't see one listed for the newest Surface Pro but no luck. Is it a different driver? Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not help more.  I have a surface Pro 3.   I use Photoshop CC 2014 and use Microsoft INK API for both the Surface pen and when I use my Wacom Intuos Pro tablet and Pen.  I do not like my finger prints on my display. So I prefer to use the Wacom when I'm at home. Its buttons also help  when using Photoshop.  This old dog does not need need a display with touch.  In fact I do not like touch in Browsers I keep going to links a did not mean to touch.  I even use a Microsoft sculptured comfort mouse with my Surface pro 3.  I become a world wide web traveler when I user a browser on my iPod touch. A real voyeur.

All I see on Microsoft site is one download one msi install and no information as to what drivers and firwmate is in the install.

Download Surface Pro Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

• Use these drivers and firmware to prepare your custom images for enterprise deployment, or to repair problems with custom installations of Windows on your Surface Pro. These drivers and firmware are compatible with Windows 10, including Enterprise versions. The MSI file allows you to selectively install or deploy individual drivers, or the MSI will install all relevant dives automatically.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines