• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My CS5 v12.0 stopped opening my raw files

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the same computer and software for years and just returned from a photo trek to find that I can no longer open my NEF files.

I use a Nikon D800e.

Now when I tried to install the ACR 6.7 it fails to run.

Errror loading Updater workflow

Tried to run from inside CS5 and from the unzipped ACR folder. Both fail.

What is even more odd is that the version of ACR listed in my CS5 is 6.0.

That is just not true or it was rolled back without my knowing.

I have good notes on my installation and that I had ACR6.7 installed.

From reading it looks like I never opened one of my NEF as the ACR camera list says I need ACR7.1. This is not true and I was opening NEFs.

Does anyone understand what happened on my computer or have a suggestion?

Happy Trails

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Thank you all for the help.

I spent many hours searching the web and looking into my disk backups from a year ago. I knew that is worked bad should be able figure out what was different.

I got a hint that when I installed CS5 on my then new computer 2 years ago I had this same issue. That led to a link to a post on these forums in 2014 from someone that had called Adobe Support and got a great tip.

Adobe said to install ACR 8.6 and that would fix the cloud install issue and allow the ACR 6.7 update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely that the NEF format you were using before in photoshop CS5 was a older Raw format. Nikon D800E NEF requires Minimum Camera Raw plug-in version 7.1 which is listed here as well - Cameras supported by Camera Raw

ACR 7.1 is not supported in CS5 version of Photoshop..it is support only in Photoshop CS6 version and above - you can read more about it here - ACR 7.1 and DNG Converter 7.1 Now Available 

Alternately you can use  Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x  to convert you NEF raw into DNG raw format and then open in CS5 version of ACR.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vishuagg19 

Actually photoshop cs5 does support the Nikon D800E, but unfortunately adobe decided to change the camera raw compatibility page to only list the newest versions of camera raw that support a camera.

You can read about the explanation here:

Camera Raw Camera Compatibilty page is incomplete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Usually installing the newest adobe application manager lets the cs5 updates complete when using Help>Updates from within photoshop.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

mac

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Did you try the camera raw 6.7 installer from here:

windows

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

mac

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for the help.

I spent many hours searching the web and looking into my disk backups from a year ago. I knew that is worked bad should be able figure out what was different.

I got a hint that when I installed CS5 on my then new computer 2 years ago I had this same issue. That led to a link to a post on these forums in 2014 from someone that had called Adobe Support and got a great tip.

Adobe said to install ACR 8.6 and that would fix the cloud install issue and allow the ACR 6.7 update to run.

I used ACR 9.1.1 and then ACR 6.7.

That worked and now I have access to my NEF files from the D800e.

Happy Trails Again

The round up has begun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines