• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Search Highlighting Revisited (RH7)

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like RH7's built-in search highlighting feature, particularly after applying Adobe's update to 7.02.001 (see P. Grainge's item 32 under Using RoboHelp 7, the fix/replacement for whtopic.js). However, I swear that my current project is behaving differently from my initial trial using RH7 demo (with the fix, using IE v6). Perhaps I hadn't noticed it before, but the entire phrase or sentence or paragraph (this varies) containing each found and highlighted word is displayed bolded!

Was this intended? Has anyone else noticed this? Did I unknowingly toggle some setting or corrupt a style? It's quite distracting and my customer doesn't like it. I did verify that the whtopic.js file in the generated WebHelp files collection does contain the fix.

I thought it might be related to whether the found word (or any other in the surrounding original text) was bolded, but this happens in paragraphs even where I have not used any bolding. I'm puzzled -- or is this a "feature"?

Thanks as always to this helpful and responsive community!
Steve Peterson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008
Aha! Persistence pays off. I found and removed "font-weight: bold;" and "font-style: normal" from the definition of style "span" in my master style sheet, leaving "span"'s definition empty. RH7's Format / Styles editor window now shows "span + " as the definition of "span" under Character.

The highlighting feature now works as it should, simply highlighting the found item(s) as formatted. Starting to get the hang of Styles, I guess...

Cheers!
Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! Persistence pays off. I found and removed "font-weight: bold;" and "font-style: normal" from the definition of style "span" in my master style sheet, leaving "span"'s definition empty. RH7's Format / Styles editor window now shows "span + " as the definition of "span" under Character.

The highlighting feature now works as it should, simply highlighting the found item(s) as formatted. Starting to get the hang of Styles, I guess...

Cheers!
Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New files were posted yesterday. You might want to try those as they fix a few more things.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reposting this message because I didn't get a reply to my previous post from a couple of months ago. My previous post was to a different but similar thread.

-Al Davidson

I'm having a similar problem, but in my case entire words are missing when I enable the Highlight toggle. I updated my version of RoboHelp to the latest version and also installed the JS file that Peter provided. I have attached an example of the problem I'm talking about.

Any ideas as to what's going on here? And thanks for any help.

-Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted the code as the end user sees it.

Please also post the HTML code behind those snippets. Maybe that will give a clue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The XML code sample is inside a table, so I'll precede the XML code sample with the HTML definitions for the table, row, and cell that contains the sample. I'll separate the table definition stuff from the XML code sample with an ellipses because there is a lot of other stuff in between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp