• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adaptive Menu colouring

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New here, so forgive me if me if there is anything similar already posted.

I'm currently building a website for my portfolio, getting the hang of it fairly quickly.

The main feature of my website is a fullscreen slideshow which will show all of my projects, however I've run into a bit of a situation as the images i plan on using all have different colour backgrounds (just using placeholder images at the moment)

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 12.13.42.png

What I am wondering is, is there a way to make my name and menu options change colour depending on the colour of the background image?

Would really appreciate any feedback and/or suggestions, Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

From what I understand, you want the text to dynamically change color based on the background. If the background is light, the text switches to a lighter font, and vice versa.

If this is correct, i do not think there is anything in Muse that will help you with your goal. You can use JavaScript towards this end, but I personally have no experience in doing it.

See

javascript - Dynamically adjust text color based on background image - Stack Overflow

javascript - Automatically contrasting text color based on background image color - Stack Overflow

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes but how depends on what widget you used to make your full screen images... Typically you get by each frame the same way as it picks which photo

to be clear, I dislike these designs because they can fail in web browsers and I would place your text on it's own layer above the images... Perhaps with a natural color behind the text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite understand what you mean and also, I don't plan on changing the design as this is what I want. All I want to do is make my menu and name be the opposite colour to whatever the background image is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, you want the text to dynamically change color based on the background. If the background is light, the text switches to a lighter font, and vice versa.

If this is correct, i do not think there is anything in Muse that will help you with your goal. You can use JavaScript towards this end, but I personally have no experience in doing it.

See

javascript - Dynamically adjust text color based on background image - Stack Overflow

javascript - Automatically contrasting text color based on background image color - Stack Overflow

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah that's exactly what I mean!

Guess I'll have to take a look at those then, thanks!

EDIT - From looking at those threads, it seems to be a code based solution. As I'm quite new to the whole Muse scene, how would i go about implementing this into my website>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you choose fixed width breakpoints for your design, you could use some scroll effects for your menu.

Like this you could use different menus for each slide.

Instead of a full screen slide show you could use a "one-page-layout" approach.

Just think of it.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preran  wrote

See

Thanks,

Preran

Can anyone shed some light on how i might go about implementing either of these solutions into my website? Would it have to be done after finishing the website or can it be done in Muse itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines