• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Particles System II

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a question about the particles system.

I try to lower my birth rate,

Tried to lower the velocity,

Tried to lower my longevity.

But still I can't seem to get less particles on my screen

I was to limit the particles to around 10 particles on my screen.

those are my settings :

any suggestions to what I can do?

I've been trying to figure it out for a long time.

-Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

It's also worth considering Particle Playground if you need this amount of control. It's pretty powerful in terms of controlling the particles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Birth rate determines how many particles will be emitted. Velocity controls how fast they move. Longevity controls how long they exist for.

Try this. Sso, to control how many particles are produced. Leave velocity and longevity alone. bring birth rate down to minimum as you have done. Scrub through the timeline till you see the number of particles you want on screen. Keyframe the birthrate value here. Move one frame ahead. Change the birthrate to 0. Adjust the longevity setting to the duration that you want the particles to "live" for. Then use the Resistance setting to control how fast or slow they move.

Also, if you tell me exactly what it is you want to achieve I may be able to suggest a better approach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to achive around 10 particles on my screen at the same time.

when one of them die I want another one to come around.

When I set the birth rate to 0 or 0.0something no particles will show around at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, start with default settings (reset the effect) reduce the Extra value to 0 to help you control the particles. Reduce the birth rate to the minimu you can so particles are still being emitted. Then adjust Resistance and Longevity to get the result you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also worth considering Particle Playground if you need this amount of control. It's pretty powerful in terms of controlling the particles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Angie says, you can reduce the Birth Rate to a lower value. I've tested a value of 0.004 and it works. Also, yo can control the Longevity to set up the amount of time these particles are visible in your composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines