• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Didn't get expected rendering speed boost from NVidia 970GTX to 1080Ti

Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"ve got a ton of rendering to do for an upcoming conference and I thought I'd double my rendering speed witching to the new graphics processor (using CUDA setting).

The rendering is basically two 1080p video streams that get reduced top picture in picture with the output again being 1080p. I know different video processors make a difference because I've carried around a 10 minute benchmark I use over and over for testing between different devices (previous results pasted below).

The 970GTX and 1080Ti are giving me almost identical rendering results.  Is that to be expected on what I'm doing? (my computer itself has 64Gig Ram, i7-5820K processor).

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

[Moderator note: moved to best forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to run my hardware stress test using Premiere Pro, download my PPBM and run it with both your GTX 970 and the GTX 1080 Ti.  You  should see a major difference between those two.  I am suspecting that you are not using many GPU accelerated effects and features with you benchmark.  Using my benchmark you should see ~100% GPU usage when you run the MPEG2-DVD GPU Accelerated timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which project/timeline is a good one to run. Maybe i can run, send you result and you can tell me if all is normal.  I don't have the 970 installed any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case Bill doesn't get back to you right away: Run his whole test. The results can be helpful. The only reason not to see a difference in your results is that there is something else that is not up to the task. This also allows comparisons to other systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to run it all at once? It's got lots of projects and

timelines.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Stan Jones <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Readme.txt gives you the big picture. There is a project for version 11 (PR 2017). When you open the project you'll see the instructions in the program monitor. There are only 3 timelines in that project. I think you can run just the mpeg2 timeline.

But I'd run all 3 and the script to select results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 4 tests, 3 take about a minute each and one takes 5-7 minutes. So it's about a 10-12 minute process. You won't get the summation without doing all 4 tests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys for helping, I am awaiting the submission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got version 11 and that is not in the readme.  I grabbed 10.3 and ran the first timeline (MPEG2-DVD test.  took 12 seconds and created 99mb file.  Ran the second test (Disk Test), not clear if that is what was meant to happen next, and that started on a 1.5 hour estimated encoding so cancelled.  Don't have time to do the rest now.

- Source File: C:\Users\pkellner\AppData\Local\Temp\PPBM10.3-DE_1.prproj

- Output File: C:\temp\MPEG2-DVD test_1.m2v

- Preset Used: Custom

- Video: NTSC, 720x480, 23.976 fps, Progressive, Quality 75, 00:02:39:03

- Audio:

- Bitrate: VBR, 1 Pass, Min 2.80, Target 5.00, Max 7.00 Mbps

- The source was deinterlaced

- Encoding Time: 00:00:12

09/23/2017 08:39:38 AM : File Successfully Encoded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Sorry but I guess I failed to update the readme file for version 11.  But you should use the PPBM version that corresponds to you Premiere version.
  2. Do not know how you found the MPEG2-DVD file first, I just downloaded it and the first file is the Disk I/O timeline.
  3. You did get a great score of 12 seconds for that GPU accelerated timeline export if you look at my GPU accelerated test results page.  It would be hard to beat.
  4. The first test is the Disk I/O timeline.  I notice you have everything on your C: drive and that disk intensive export is 36 GB!  Do you have enough room for that?
  5. If you try the test again make sure you delete the old exported files.
  6. From other submitted results, if you have a good setup and it is well tuned your score with that 6-core i7-5820K CPU and the CPU intensive MPEG2-DVD export would be about 400 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines