• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Remove from Hair

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help, please anyone tell me a way so that i can perfectly removing background from hair without hair damage. i do it many method but i can not get my satisfied result hair looks not perfects many white sharp showing beside the hair & many more problem.PICTURE.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Dave your scaled down extractions looks great.  However, I do not know if its my Old eyes, His captured image quality,  His camera equipment its lens, focus, exposure, etc or his image processing.  What I see on top of the man's head does not look like hair to me.

I have to admit I do not see as well as I use too. And my mind has always played tricks one me.

Capture.jpg

and I'm a little colorblind

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It take practice, knowledge and skill. There are many images that] can not be extracted perfectly what you need to then fudge the extraction.  If you do not develop the skills required you will wind up with is a cactus look or seaweed  looking hair style. A punk rocker or a nasty halo on what is not an angle.  There are many tutorials on the web for extracting hair. There is no magic you must create the illusion

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For that image I would use select and mask

1. Open select and Mask and set view to onion skin and transparency to 50%

2. Start with the quick select tool

Paint the wanted areas and hold down ALT and remove any unwanted areas

3. For the hair only use the refine edge tool.

Set view to white and transparency to 75%

Use a small brush around 15px with 100% hardness set Edge detection radius to 0px and smart radius off. Paint the hair edges only

4. Use the normal brush to tidy up the mask edges (hold down ALT whilst painting to remove from the mask.

5. Check the mask by setting view mode to Black and White

6. Set output to New Layer with Layer Mask and do not check Decontaminate colours

7. Click OK

I hope that helps you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave your scaled down extractions looks great.  However, I do not know if its my Old eyes, His captured image quality,  His camera equipment its lens, focus, exposure, etc or his image processing.  What I see on top of the man's head does not look like hair to me.

I have to admit I do not see as well as I use too. And my mind has always played tricks one me.

Capture.jpg

and I'm a little colorblind

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

There are some jpeg artifacts.

100% section before:

100% section after:

Unfortunately, at my age I am not best placed to comment on hairstyles. Mine must grow inwards

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At 76 I still have some can not say much about its color it gave up one that subject years ago.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines