• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Information on pages scroll into header

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a website on an older version of Muse and didn't have any problems. Now that it's updated, when you scroll on a page, the information on the page scrolls into the header. Information in the header itself is actually scrolling above the header. I have set the arrows on the left to define the top of the page and the bottom of the header, but it still continues to do this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

I think I have finally figured it out!!!  Here is the latest link: Dropbox - Portfolio Website for help.muse

I unpinned everything and now it seems to be working correctly.  I have a lot of work visually to do to this, but at least I now have a starting point.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing a .muse, we are only able to guess.

Please give us . muse, following these steps:

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the dropbox link to .muse file: Dropbox - Portfolio Website for help.muse

It looks fine until you actually open it in the browser.  I thought it may have something to do with the pins, so I went back over those and went back through some of the newer tutorials, but it won't even let me pin my logo and the resume button and boxes around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it would only be pinning … Nothing should be outside the canvas on any page and of course not on master, too.

Also some layers are locked. Why?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-22 um 23.27.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was too fast, sorry.

Your header is set to be browser width but isn`t obviously.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-22 um 23.31.39.png

All header elements were pinned to the container while the header itself was pinned to browser.

It should be all elements pinned to browser (left/center/right), depending on your design approach.

All your header elements should be in one, in this case top layer, so that all other content "flows" below header elements.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-22 um 23.36.56.png

Your image was locked as well in its aspect ratio AND size. Bad practice.

Check this, change it and let us know, if it works. There´s something strange with your image on master, though.

On your page: nothing should be outside (read above) :

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-22 um 23.46.27.png

There´s a blue line pinned to the bottom of the browser?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-22 um 23.50.35.png

Clear it up, mate – horrific

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your browser back ground image use a normal rectangle (M) instead of an image frame (F).

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I don't use Muse a lot and didn't have any of these issues in the older version. A couple of things I am not sure what you mean....  "Your image was locked as well in its aspect ratio AND size"  How do I fix this?  And about the blue line being pinned to the bottom of the browser.  I am not showing it pinned at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gingerm66143874  schrieb

Thanks. I don't use Muse a lot and didn't have any of these issues in the older version. A couple of things I am not sure what you mean....  "Your image was locked as well in its aspect ratio AND size"  How do I fix this?  And about the blue line being pinned to the bottom of the browser.  I am not showing it pinned at all.

This was the strange thing about your image. I couldn`t set it to stretch to browser width.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-22 um 23.39.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the new dropbox link: Dropbox - Portfolio Website for help.muse It's still doing that.

I resized the background pic. I don't know why the left side is starting at 100 instead of 0. When I set the header and footer to stretch to browser width with it automatically sets to that size.

I had just locked a couple of things downs when I was trying to select different things to see if I could tell what the problem was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you do not read properly: All elements in header shouldn´t be pinned to a container:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-22 um 23.58.26.png

but to the browser:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-22 um 23.58.43.png

in this case.

Check all elements and set them as you like – take care of your download resume button

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the "Ginger Mullins" it's not even giving me the option to pin it to anything. Where on your screen shot it is.  Here is what I see:

page 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click inside here (you use a smaller screen, so this gets hidden)

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-23 um 00.24.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I finally got the header information to stay in place. The rest of the info still continues to scroll into the header.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide your latest file, I`ll have a look.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have finally figured it out!!!  Here is the latest link: Dropbox - Portfolio Website for help.muse

I unpinned everything and now it seems to be working correctly.  I have a lot of work visually to do to this, but at least I now have a starting point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have any issues to look at?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am good for now.  Thank you for all of your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still see some "maybe" occurring issues.

I recommend that you put all elements from header in an extra TOP layer and name this, let´s say Head?

It helps you later to identify, where in layer z-order your elements are placed.

So put all these:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-23 um 21.23.16.png

into this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-23 um 21.44.01.png

Layers exist site wide, so you easily can detect, in which layer elements from any pages are placed, by colour.

I would do the same with your footer elements.

I realize, you use some system font instead of web fonts or web safe fonts (which might be the same).

You see this by the tiny little "T".

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-23 um 21.47.27.png

This text will not be treated as text in the browser but as some graphic element. This might disturb you and leads to unintended behavior.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines