• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean OSX install - El Cap 10.11.6 - CS6 Photoshop only ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just clean installed OSX 10.11.6 (moving from 10.8.5 on my machine, but everything clean-install on the SSD).

Now I am reading good, neutral and bad stories about Adobe CS6 on El Capitan, program patches that may or may not solve, system crashes and so on.  That takes me to the idea of just reinstalling Photoshop CS6, as I almost no longer use Premiere or other Adobe products in that suite...

Assuming this is feasible (when launching the install for CS 6 ?), what is the status now - are users under El Capitan (latest version) still have issues with that version of Photoshop ? (I don't want to go to the subscription for occasional use only, so I'll rather look for an alternative option to PS).

Thanks,

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

If you formatted you SSD without first deactivating your  OSX 10.8.5 CS6 instalation you may even have problems activatinf CS6 on OSX 10.11.6.  A search should be able to answer your question about CS6 and El Capitan.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?sort=updatedDesc&place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&q=CS6+El+Capitan.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?sort=updatedDesc&place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&q=CS6+OSX+10.11

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you formatted you SSD without first deactivating your  OSX 10.8.5 CS6 instalation you may even have problems activatinf CS6 on OSX 10.11.6.  A search should be able to answer your question about CS6 and El Capitan.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?sort=updatedDesc&place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&q=CS6+El+Capitan.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?sort=updatedDesc&place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&q=CS6+OSX+10.11

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack,

Guess I have my answer... Being hostages between Gods battles, I guess my best bet will obviously go for ''something'' else... Definitely no middle way.... unless I can justify paying every month or every year.  I'll stick with Final Cut Pro on the video side, and use something else for photo editing.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mid 2009 Macbook using 10.11.6 that I just installed Photoshop CS6 on. No problems at all. Just give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to stick with a PS CS6/macOS 10.11 configuration, you may need to roll backd your OS (10.8 or 10.9 should be fine), install PS CS6 and then upgrade the OS to 10.11.  In that order, CS6 should run fine.

Are you using FCP classic or FCP X?  If using classic, macOS 10.12 is that last macOS that it'll run under. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines