• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I move the starting point of a text layer by using a script while ensuring that animation key frames move with the layer?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a script to move the starting point to 6 seconds, as shown in the following screenshot,

but the key frames for the Animator 1 did not move. I was expecting the key frames to move by the same offset.

AE-issue.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inPoint and outPoint do not move layer, they simply change the layers duration. In your case you should probably use startTime property.

newLayer.startTime = 10;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I started with the startTime property, but is didn't not move the key frames. I then tried the inPoint property, which also did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than shift layers, given that I can't figure out how to ensure that the markers move with the layers, I opted to create a layer per comp and render the comps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom was right about the shifting the layer with the keyframes. Maybe you have forgotten to remove old statement.

This code produces the following result:

var comp = app.project.activeItem;

var layer = comp.selectedLayers[0];

layer.startTime = 1;

demo (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks! For whatever reason, it didn't work for work.

I'll give it another try in the next few days and will let everyone know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines