• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to dim around a rectangle?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to mark up screenshots and want to dim everything around the rectangle, putting focus on what's highlighted. Example:

aid5147386-v4-900px-Download-and-Install-AutoWikiBrowser-Step-4-Version-3.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Add a solid fill layer or a normal layer filled with black. Adjust the "Fill" Opacity to your liking. You can then use stroke in the layer's effect panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a solid fill layer or a normal layer filled with black. Adjust the "Fill" Opacity to your liking. You can then use stroke in the layer's effect panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manage to dim the image and set the stroke options. I click the "OK" button and no rectangle appears? I just see a dimmed image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make a marquee of the area you want outlined and not dimmed, then fill the layer mask with black in the marquee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked!

For anyone wanting to know how to make the layer mask black:How to quickly fill a white layer mask w. black?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the edges of the stroke are rounded. How do I make them square?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the stroke position on the outside?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured out the problem. You have to do the marquee tool after choosing/configuring the stroke settings. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines