• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop Tool Question

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop CS6 and up until today when I cropped an image with an 8.5 x 11 preset, the image size ended up as 8.5 x 11 also. Now when I crop an image to 8.5 x 11, the image size ends up at 12~ x 15~. I did not intentionally change anything, and have tried to reset the crop tool without success. Did Adobe update the function of the crop tool recently? Either way can someone help me restore the original functionality of the crop tool?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Thank you for your response.

I actually stumbled on the fix myself, and part of the problem was in the options bar. Under Set Additional Crop Options (the "gear") I checked the Use Classic Mode, which I had tried previously to fix the problem without success. Only after I shut down Photoshop with the Use Classic Mode checked, did the crop tool reset to the functionality that I am accustomed to using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot? Are you units set correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And please include all pertinent UI elements (Options Bar etc.) on the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response.

I actually stumbled on the fix myself, and part of the problem was in the options bar. Under Set Additional Crop Options (the "gear") I checked the Use Classic Mode, which I had tried previously to fix the problem without success. Only after I shut down Photoshop with the Use Classic Mode checked, did the crop tool reset to the functionality that I am accustomed to using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines