love_me_knot.gif

image  2

Image 3

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Hi

Take your first image and trace the outline with the pen tool to create a path.

I drew around your image if you want to miss the "bulges" then just draw past them.

Make sure the pen tool is set to combine shapes when you trace the outer parts and subtract front shape when you trace the inner

You should now have a path

Set the foreground colour to black and convert the path to a shape by clicking in the options bar

Set the foreground colour to the lighter (just off white) shade and create another sh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by Ā»transform image 1 to image 2 and 3Ā«?

Are you trying to create an animation and if so what exactly do you want to have happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX c.pfaffenbichler, I wonder how to reproduce the transformation of image 1 to 2  and 3 with this image for example  :

live_today.gif

so to get this butterfly in black and also like image 3 style (like background image)

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understand what you are talking about.

Are you familiar with the Selection Tools yet?

If you want a black or grey area with the contours of the object one could for example use the Magic Wand Tool to select the background, invert the Selection, then create a Solid Color Layer and use the painting Tools the amend the Layer Mask where necessary. (After changing the image to RGB Color from Indexed Color)

Another option would be using the Pen Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Take your first image and trace the outline with the pen tool to create a path.

I drew around your image if you want to miss the "bulges" then just draw past them.

Make sure the pen tool is set to combine shapes when you trace the outer parts and subtract front shape when you trace the inner

You should now have a path

Set the foreground colour to black and convert the path to a shape by clicking in the options bar

Set the foreground colour to the lighter (just off white) shade and create another shape in the lighter colour.

I added a white color fill layer as a background.

To make the two images just turn on the visibility of the appropriate shape in the layers panel

You can find more on the pen tool here:

Draw with Pen tools in Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines