• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has Animate died to iOS and no longer truely cross platform

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there has been years of decline in the usability of Animate in relation to iOS.

Adobe staff say iOS Simulator ALWAYS opens in default as if it never has worked to any degree from Animate.

Does Adobe now only keep this last patch/bastion so they don't have to change their advertising.

It's coming time to renew our Adobe CloudS... and I think there is little point if Animate is having it's last throw.

It would be nice to hear from Adobe, but the chances of that are remote so if anyone has any comments, I'd appreciate the time taken to jot them down.

Thanks

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Adobe, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft, all made announcement about the Flash plugin being end of life at the end of 2020. That shouldn't affect Flash Player (the standalone application), and it won't affect AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are only stopping support for the Flash player.

You can create HTML5 Canvas content, which is supported on both desktop and mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not aware of Flash Player being stopped.

How does this effect Adobe Air?

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft, all made announcement about the Flash plugin being end of life at the end of 2020. That shouldn't affect Flash Player (the standalone application), and it won't affect AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Colin. Had a brake from Animate for a while - had an earth bound business that took some time and the I came back a few days ago started to face things like only limited iOS simulator support. Began to wonder if Animate was a worthwhile platform any more as I need to update or revamp my apps.

As it won't affect AIR - perhaps I have time to re-learn what I need (work on WebGL or see what is the best way) to deliver my content and if it is via Android and iOS apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines