• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra white pages when exporting Indesign file to swf file

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have troubles when exporting my Indesign document (brochure) to a swf file. It generates an extra white page before my first and last page. How do I prevent that from happening or how do I resolve that?

Thank you in advance to all experts who know more than I!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Unfortunately, no. SWF (flash) export is pretty clunky in a lot of ways… I wrote this up a few years back here: https://indesignsecrets.com/beware-first-and-last-page-of-swf-exported-as-spreads.php

Of course, Adobe won't fix/change this because Flash is basically dead at this point. Sigh. Other options include PDF, Publish Online, and in5 from ajarproductions. Good luck with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the document set up as "facing pages" in File > Document Setup? It may be that an extra page is sneaking in that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you for your answer, David.Yes, it is, but that is right for the pages 2-3 till 18-19, only not for page 1 and page 20.

If I unselect that, I get all single pages instead of a first and last single page and spreads in the middle.

Is that doable too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no. SWF (flash) export is pretty clunky in a lot of ways… I wrote this up a few years back here: https://indesignsecrets.com/beware-first-and-last-page-of-swf-exported-as-spreads.php

Of course, Adobe won't fix/change this because Flash is basically dead at this point. Sigh. Other options include PDF, Publish Online, and in5 from ajarproductions. Good luck with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you David for your answers and explenation.
For now I am testing a version of 3D issue.

Looks good, but quite expensive. Need to work out how many clients of mine will be interested to have a look if it is worth the investment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines