• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

closing of stand alone programs by CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to call support for a crashing issue with my Adobe acrobat DC. When I downloaded the install program I must have also downloaded the CC. The CC was installed and I saw that there was an update available for the Adobe. The CC had me install what I thought was the update but was really the trial version of Acrobat. I received a trial ended window and told me to purchase it. Adobe support took control of my screen and uninstalled CC and tolled me that it was the issue.The trial version was also uninstalled at that time. The uninstall fixed the problem.

My question is, Since I need Illustrator and Adobe doesn't sell the stand alone programs anymore, will I have the same issues with CC? With any of the CC based programs, I must install the CC program. If I install the CC program, my Adobe acrobat DC and Livecycle will crash. So I am at an impasse.

Has Adobe addressed this issue with the CC and stand alone program issues?

Case Number: 0189326667

Windows 7 Professional SP1

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Ver 2015.006.30355

Adobe Livecycle Ver 11.0.0.20130303.1.892433

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

the cc app doesn't cause perpetually licensed programs to crash.  if allowed, it will update a perpetually licensed program to a cc subscription or trial.

don't allow it to update your perpetually licensed programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the cc app doesn't cause perpetually licensed programs to crash.  if allowed, it will update a perpetually licensed program to a cc subscription or trial.

don't allow it to update your perpetually licensed programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines