Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 19, Size: 19

Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 2 new CrystalTech sites running CF 8 (8,0,1,195765, Microsoft-IIS/6.0), I get this error sporadically. I've seen forum posts 4 or 5 years old saying it may be related compilation issues, but I have not gotten this on any earlier sites. So I don't see how the same error would skip several generations and re-emerge now? I also don't see how I can track it down to anything in my code, as long as the error says "line -1". Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I see that message it's because I'm trying to find the 10th element of list with only 9 elements or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were something like this, then it would be more consistent, reproducible at will? But as it is, it is more random. I can't cause it to happen myself.

Second, if it were an array indexing issue, it seems like this would have a error line number with it, pointing back to my code? Not "line -1"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> For 2 new CrystalTech sites running CF 8 (8,0,1,195765, Microsoft-IIS/6.0), I
> get this error sporadically. I've seen forum posts 4 or 5 years old saying it
> may be related compilation issues, but I have not gotten this on any earlier
> sites. So I don't see how the same error would skip several generations and
> re-emerge now? I also don't see how I can track it down to anything in my
> code, as long as the error says "line -1". Suggestions?

Have a gander @ the JRun logs, see if it reports anything.

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case there's anyone else out there getting this, I believe I have come up with a workaround. In my custom error page, when this error happens, I have it just retrying the page 2 or 3 times before failing and returning the error. So far in the past few hours it has logged this error happening 3 times, but none made it through to throwing an error to me.

It'd be nice if Adobe fixed the underlying java that causes this, but until then this seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My adobe workflow system now have this problem, do you resolved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation