• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Save As" Windows Not Controllable

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat Professional 9.5.5 on Windows 7, I have suddenly lost the ability to resize the Save As Windows, whether from a print to the .pdf printer, or using the Edit-Save As Key. Documents open normally as defined. But, when trying to save the .pdf as something else, the Save As Window opens in "full-screen", covers the source document, cannot be moved by dragging the top margin, and even though the 45-degree re-sizing arrows exist in the corners, does not respond to the commands to re-size. The only updates recently acquired are for Adobe Flash. I have checked all settings in the Properties and Preferences Pages, but find no solution. Is it time to reload the application (and all 20 or so application updates)?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Open Save As. With the Save As window open click on the Adobe Reader icon in upper left and hit Restore. It worked to reduce mine back to the default smaller size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember that it could be resized in that version. Is there another problem besides the lack of resizing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. This version has previously allowed for control over the window size, and for movement of the window between screens and around on a screen - those functions have been lost. The screen size arrows in the corners, and the "roof" in the lower right corner are there, but inoperable. The command for the windows to mimic the original size - set at 25% - has also been lost so it seems like the command - set at "Properties/Initial View" - for magnification at 25% and "resize window to initial page" are no longer being honored. Also, the "Settings" box at the right side of the Save As Window is greyed-out or inactive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never noticed the resize "roof" in my Acrobat Pro 9 SAVE AS dialog, but there it is. I can increase the size but not decrease it below the original size.  Since I have no ideas on that, let's look at the other issues, which might illuminate the first one. I don't understand what you mean by "The command for the windows to mimic the original size". What is that?

The Settings button in Save As is always greyed out when saving as PDF. It is available if you choose some different types. That, at least, is normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system is set for initial pages to open as single-page continuous at 25%, but now everything opens at 31.5%. Even if I select the document properties to resize window to initial size, it no longer does so. Finally, my Save As Window is "locked" at full-screen covering the initial Acrobat document screen, cannot be moved to the adjoining screen, and cannot be downsized, as you say that you can to, but not smaller than the original screen.

By the way, daily security runs have revealed no issues there.

This all just happened. Unless you have another idea to try, I'm going to re-load the application, as it would seem a glitch there is now the most likely issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Save As. With the Save As window open click on the Adobe Reader icon in upper left and hit Restore. It worked to reduce mine back to the default smaller size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Curtis. I had the SAVE AS popup window (for entering the file name) cover the document window completely. It is a similar problem to the print dialog and other popups being far too big. I have looked at "solutions" dated from 2012-2021, like changing resolution in Acrobat, reintallsing, etc. Only your advice seems to have worked. But god knows why Adobe don't make the popup windows resizable in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was at my wit's end trying to figure this out. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After weeks, that quickly reset to size. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! What a simple fix - that I never would have figured out on my own. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!!! For anyone that gets confused... in the Save As pop-up, there is a super small Adobe icon in the very top left corner, right to the left of the words "Save As". The directions above are very clear but somehow I still got lost for a moment... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines