Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Rendering – PremierePro CC2017 [11.1.2 (22)]

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I feel like rendering/exporting tasks after the last PP update are taking way more time.

Is there any way to fasten things up again? Before, I was able export in at least the half amount of time, could have been even faster...

Example 1 (full editing done in Premiere Pro):

• 2:40 minute timeline
  • Footage from Nikon D750 and Sony a6000 (not encoding before editing)
  • Applied effects: LUT, RGB Curves, Lumetri Color, Warp Stabilizer, Unsharp Mask
  • Export (via Media Encoder) to Full HD H.264 (VBR 2 pass): minimum 1.5 hours

Example 2 (full editing done in After Effects):

• 40 second timeline
  • Footage from Nikon D750 (not encoding before editing)
  • Applied effects: LUT, RGB Curves, Lumetri Color, Warp Stabilizer, Unsharp Mask
  • Export (via Media Encoder) to Full HD H.264 (VBR 2 pass): approx. 20 minutes

My machine:

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
  • 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
  • 500GB SSD
  • 16 GB 1600 DDR3
  • AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB (+ Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB)

Premiere Settings:

• Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Open CL)

Thanks for your help!

[Moderator note: moved to best forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a faster processor and perhaps more RAM.

See here, too:

FAQ: How do I speed up rendering, exporting, or encoding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob is correct in that it is basically CPU bound, watch your CPU usage in whatever your Mac tool you have.  If you see constant 100% usage, that will confirm it.

Since you only have one SSD for that system you could try an external storage device for you project files like a very fast external SSD like the Samsung T3 USB3 portable SSD to relieve congestion on your internal SSD.  Two storage devices are better for Premiere than just one,

Also since you have MPE GPU acceleration try one pass encoding and you might not see any quality difference, but you will see major performance improvement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer! But why was it working so much better berfore? Is it just the newest version of Premiere that needs so much power?
If so, I feel like downgrading to an earlier version would work best for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know what has changed but is evident that it is some one or more of the new effects that you are using because the basic old features of Premiere Pro 6.0.5 (which is the version that we designed our hardware intensive test oriented Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) to test) runs about the same or faster in all the following versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's time for Adobe to replace the rendering algorithm (Mercury GPU) similar to Final Cut Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The effect that takes massive amount of rendering power and time is unsharp mask. If you can replace that effect with sharpen with a mask added to it your render time should be dramatically improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/%D0%90%D0%B9%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%80+%D0%A4%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%85%D1%83%D1%82%...  wrote

It's time for Adobe to replace the rendering algorithm (Mercury GPU) similar to Final Cut Pro.

I really think it is time for Apple to offer users a choice of Open CL or the much faster CUDA Graphics.  I just received some PPBM test results with new Threadripper CPU and the user was able to test it with both a brand new ATI Radeon Vega Frontier Edition and also the nVidia GTX 1080 Ti and the Vega exported the test in 27 seconds where the less expensive GTX 1080 Ti scored the same export in only 13 seconds!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines