• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD (beta) Windows 10 Crashes Randomly

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been attempting to use Adobe XD for the past 3 days, unfortunately I keep getting random crashes which makes working impossible to due to constant loss of progress.  I can perform every action without crash, nothing seems to trigger the crash. The crash comes with 3 Error level events seen in the Administrative Events (Event Viewer).

My GPU is up to date.

Windows is up to date(win 10 anniversary)

Reinstalled Adobe XD

Error 1 in order:

Faulting application name: Experience Design CC (Beta).exe, version: 0.6.14.2, time stamp: 0x5894f0b2

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.14393.206, time stamp: 0x57daca78

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000006d1c4

Faulting process id: 0x1acc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d28542a1c65b2d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.14.2_x64__adky2gkssdxte\Experience Design CC (Beta).exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report Id: 1a79c10b-0360-4b1f-a0c4-dd3f1423eab9

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.14.2_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Error 2:

The server App.AppX59c1yzvqzmbh0s8emz06z4y84aerrh1f.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Error 3:

Activation of app Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte!App failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

The second and third doesnt appear each time adobexd crashes, but on atleast one of them those errors appeared at the exact same second as error 1 appeared.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Really sorry to hear about the crashes.

Can you send us the information from the "Application and Services Logs"? You can access that by going to: Control panel -> Administrative tools -> Event viewer -> Applications and Service Logs -> Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I send you the file? does the forum have an attachment function or should I upload the file to a remote site and provide the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can either use a remote site and provide the link or as an alternative you can send me an email at "tuhoarca at adobe.com".

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, ive uploaded the file to one of my personall servers.
http://static.dirtyredz.com/download/Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI.evtx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the logs!

I've filed an internal bug and sent this to our engineering team. Will get back to you with an update shortly.

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Please try to delete local application cache. Go to:

C:\Users\_your_user_name_\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_xxxxxx_\Local_Cache

and try to delete its content.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Lavinia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the folders content is already empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a Windows problem. When looking in the logs I saw that you've had similar issues with Cortana on the 6th of February.

Please right click on C:\Program Files and choose Properties -> Security; than check if All Application Packages group has Read, Read and Execute, List folder Contents rights on the mentioned folder. Then please check the same for C:\Windows folder.

You may also try to uninstall XD, do a full Windows restart and install XD again from Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem. I have checked all things you had mentioned and no change. It seems to crash every time where I work with any graphic/image in the project. I have lost hours of work already...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Experience Design crashes on me all the time. I have a windows 10 computer and its randomly shuts down Adobe XD. Now i need to redo al my work because it was lost...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same that Peter. I try everything you mentioned but XD keep crashing. Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is frustrating. Because I have already done some work in XD I don't really want to move it to another platform. Although, if Adobe doesn't fix the problem it's the only solution. For now, I have found an awkward temporary way of work - I save the project every 2-3 changes. It's annoying and slowing me down but at least I was able to deliver the prototype to the client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all-

Could you please enable crash logging and send us a log when it crashes? Just upload to a file sharing site and PM me a link.

Collecting User-Mode Dumps (Windows)

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be honest I have no idea what you want from me. I have located registry, located the folder and there are some files/folders and no one is related to XD, nor adobe.

But on addition, XD is crashing even when is not used. So, I launch XD. I can open the certain project or not, it doesn't matter. I leave XD and go do something else (browsing the internet, choosing music on Spotify, opening another bottle of wine, you name it). After some completely undefined time, XD just closes. Just like that. No bye, thank, or screw you. Just shut down don't asking if I saved the work or not. Highly annoying!

Oh, it just crashed while I was writing it. If I only could buy an iMac tomorrow I would do. But I can't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When enabling crash dumps please select  2: Full dump for DumpType.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue!! What's the end verdict here, I want to use the program badly - I can't stand Photoshop anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all we are all sorry that you experience these crashes.

Window has this mechanism, of enabling crash dumps. If you go to the link Elaine suggested: Collecting User-Mode Dumps (Windows)  and do what's written there (modify some registry key, please select  2: Full dump for DumpType.), whenever an application crashes on your system, windows will save a crash log file on your computer, in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\CrashDumps   (this is the default path)

If XD crashes you will find there a file with the name starting in Experience Design CC.

By default the number of saved files is limited to 10. Please remove old dumps in order to make room for new ones.

If you send this file to us, we will find valuable information about the crash and we will be able to investigate it. We already have some crashes under investigation and some fixes in the process of making their way to the release but your particular one may have different cause, so this input may be useful.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Crashing while saving constantly and shutting down on sleep mode. It crashes more often than it saves so I've re-done boards about 3 or 4 times and eventually it goes through. Sounds like an Adobe issue *cough cough*. I have plenty of classmates with windows that have the same exact problem. Seems pretty widespread. A nice system can't compete with hours of re-working, not with a ton of other prototyping programs out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you enable crash dumps (instructions above), and email us crash dumps so we can take a look? imaderyc @ adobe.com (remove spaces)

thank you

and sorry you're having problems with XD. We're trying to narrow down issue so we can fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not praising the day before the sunset, but today I had no issue with the XD what so ever. It's been constantly on since 12 hours! Have you done anything already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem...like whyy????? fix your stuff mates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> same problem...like whyy????? fix your stuff mates

Some of this was fixed in latest update, and we're working on finding and fixing remaining issues.

Please help us by providing more information. Enable crash dump (instructions above) and you can email me directly the crash log files.

(imaderyc @ adobe.com, remove spaces)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miracle! The crashing disappeared!

Using it for 12 hours and it did nor crash even once. I'm running it on Windows Surface Book. Did you guys fix anything?source.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... that's great! However, it points to something changing on your system and not anything with XD, as we don't auto-update for you. Thanks for letting us know, though!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines