• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've have exported my muse project and then used Dreamweaver to edit local links as I have manually changed the file structure of my project. For example:

https://www.espionagemissions.com/team-building-in-covent-garden.html

To:

https://www.espionagemissions.com/team-building-in-london/team-building-in-covent-garden.html

Despite pouring through the HTML numerous times I am till getting the same error. This issue is restricted to pages I have manually changed (as described ass above).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Just for anyone else who stumbles upon this:

1. I always delete all files from FTP and from my Muse Export file and then re-export and re-upload when encountering any Muse issue. This seams to be the equivalent of turning your PC on and off.

2. I did not alter any file structure through DW(Dreamweaver) files panel, just used DW to alter links. I did everything pretty manually, such as change the page names and all corresponding links.

3. Deleting everything off the page by trial and error would be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter2035,

You should try deleting all the previous site files from the host server and reupload your fresh site.

Usually, these happen because new file overwriting the old files, and in due process, some files remain unchanged.

Please try and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush, this didn't work unfortunately. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you define a site folder in DW before you started moving things around in the DW Files Panel? 

Were you prompted by DW to update links?

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have seen that the most common solution is to delete any third party widgets or HTML code one by one to see if they are the source of the issue. Have you tried that?

Thanks,

Peran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having a similar problem with my site built entirely in Muse and I think I have tracked it down to the default contact form widget, nothing third party in use at all.

For now, I've just had to delete the form entirely which is obviously not ideal.

For reference, the site is TheFourthFocus.com.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little constructive feedback on your site.

I know that 'tiles' is a popular design for sites when using site creation software such as Muse, but -

when using the site on a touch screen it is almost impossible to not go directly to the linked page. The description that appears on the image only apears for a very short moment before loading the appropriate page. If you are using a widget then i would suggest either making it into a double-tap required, or asking the developer to include a javascript function to 'allow' the description to show on the first single tap, before redirecting after a short set time.

That way the touch screen user will have time to select another image/tile before going to the linked page, thus cancelling the first 'tap'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

I have not used a widget for the tiles, I just used rollover states on hyperlinked image frames.

I was aware of the issue you mean and although it is possible to register a hover on some touch devices, I am aware that it's not ideal.

Is there any way to make the rollover feature work more robustly with touchscreens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Up to a couple of years ago building a touch event handler was relatively simple, now with the MS Surface pro becomming popular, and iOS not implementing the pointer events standard, we have ended up with 2 different methods of delaying touch events, and naturally both are completely different.

The pointer events, as now implemented in android and the only method supported on the surface pro, simply require a css statement then a javascript event handler to change the css action when it is touched a second time, so that the link is followed. iOS on the other hand still only has touch event handlers, and would involve using javascript for both stopping the touch event and then telling it what action to perform.

The iOS js would be something like -

document.getElementById('touchable').addEventListener('touchstart', function(ev) {

The action to perform would be coded here

}

The pointer handler would simply be a change of css using javascript, or of using javascript for everything.

Most sites i have seen that do implement a delay create a link using javascript with a delay set, in order to not have to handle the different methods. Which is why i asked if you used a widget, as it may have included the delay setting option.

Note - You could handle using one js file using feature detection then a if/else construct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for anyone else who stumbles upon this:

1. I always delete all files from FTP and from my Muse Export file and then re-export and re-upload when encountering any Muse issue. This seams to be the equivalent of turning your PC on and off.

2. I did not alter any file structure through DW(Dreamweaver) files panel, just used DW to alter links. I did everything pretty manually, such as change the page names and all corresponding links.

3. Deleting everything off the page by trial and error would be an undertaking far greater than I was willing to undertake. Also, there was nothing to suggest that changing the structure would cause any of the widgets or coding to misbehave. I have found that if Muse doesn't have a feature, you have to work pretty hard to find a work around, and the work around always involves compromise.

In the end I edited the code that prompts the users browser to display the error. Obviously, this means that if there are any issues in the future, I or any of my visitors will not be alerted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines