• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with animation

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am very new to Adobe animate and i have a school project where i am trying to animate a video. im trying to put a cartoon style drawing on a video i have already edited and exported but when i do, it only comes up with a black screen and i cant interact with my video unless i stop everything im doing and preview the video. is there any way i can get my video, frame by frame on my timeline so i can edit and draw on each individual frame. I tried making it into a gif and all that did was crash my PC. If someone could guide me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

I've had success importing video (MP4) and animated GIFs into Animate CC (current version) to use as reference tracks. There's an import wizard that allows you to select how the video is nested in the timeline. From there, I can add layers above the refernece layer containing my imported video and animate what I need.

When it comes time to export, keep in mind you can't export with the imported video tracks included. So I choose to export with an alpha transparency for a background and then impo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can suggest you to use Adobe Premier or Adobe Photoshop for that task. You can't get video frame by frame in Adobe Animate. Animate works with vectors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i tried converting  it to a gif and not an animated gif, that put every frame in the video in order into a folder, is there a way to put those in order into my sequence without having to import them one by one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can put them on the stage, and with them selected, right click and select distributed to keyframes. If there are a lot of images, you might want to do a couple at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using low resolution for your gif or cut up the video into multiple short gifs? You can then put the gif on a guide layer so that you only see it while editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had success importing video (MP4) and animated GIFs into Animate CC (current version) to use as reference tracks. There's an import wizard that allows you to select how the video is nested in the timeline. From there, I can add layers above the refernece layer containing my imported video and animate what I need.

When it comes time to export, keep in mind you can't export with the imported video tracks included. So I choose to export with an alpha transparency for a background and then import the MOV from Animate to Premiere pro and composite over my original video there.

See this:

Import audio and video into Animate |

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines