• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved files crash Draw

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw crashes every time I open a saved file. Same thing for each new file I create. I've even reinstalled but I can't

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Hi Brent.

I heard back from the product team..

They'll be releasing a new beta version of Draw for Android with a fix for Android 8.0 by the end of the day tomorrow (Thursday September 29). You'll be able to get it by joining our Adobe Android Apps G+ page (https://plus.google.com/communities/115649485021140879434) and following the instructions on the post announcing that it's available.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your hardware and OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an Andriod OS on a Google Pixel phone. Andriod 8.0.0  I've unsuccessfully tried to find the saved files so I can delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brent,

Would you mind checking the app permissions in your setting option?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked them and for some reason no permission where granted. I switch on all permission. I then deleted the cache and saved files. I restarted my phone. When I restarted the permissions seemed to be turned off again so I turned them on again. In the setting the phone says that no storage is being used. However, when I open the Draw app, it shows me all the files as they still exist. When I try to open these saved files by tapping them, it still crashes.

I created a new file and then backed out of the file. It also crashes when I try to open the file I just created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brent.

I think the trouble you're having is that the app is not yet supported on Android 8.0. I've heard from a few people and was told by them that although it's not possible to open existing drawings, they can create new ones. But it sound like you can't open old ones OR create new ones?

Am I understanding correctly?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what is happening to me. I can create new files but if I exit out of the creation mode, I can't ever open them again. The sad part is that it was working great on my phone and I must have updated the operating system. Is there any estimated timeline for when Android 8.0 will be supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the other Adobe apps. like Sketch, work fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brent.

Yes. I know. Sketch does work fine. I just sent an email to the product team asking when an update to Draw for Android 8.0 is expected.

I'll post as soon as I hear back.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brent.

I heard back from the product team..

They'll be releasing a new beta version of Draw for Android with a fix for Android 8.0 by the end of the day tomorrow (Thursday September 29). You'll be able to get it by joining our Adobe Android Apps G+ page (https://plus.google.com/communities/115649485021140879434) and following the instructions on the post announcing that it's available.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines