• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Emailing a completed pdf form from the web

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a pdf employment application form which will be linked to a website.  When the visitor clicks an "Apply On-Line" button, the form will open in a new window (I know how to do this).  After the visitor completes the form, the submit button will run code to create a pdf copy of the form, email it to a designated email address, and return the visitor to the website.

I've been testing a trial version of Acrobat Pro DC.  The "Submit A Form" function doesn't email the form. When the Submit button is clicked with this Action attached, nothing happens. I called Adobe support and they said no, that function wouldn't send the form from the web and I needed to hire a developer to write the code to do this. So I did some more research and found the code on my own (email address falsified for security). 

this.maildoc({

bUI: false,

cTo: "me@gmail.com",

cCC: "anotherme@gmail.com",

cSubject: "Employee Application",

cMsg: "From the on-line job application form"

});

I  loaded this into the "Run a Javascript" for the "Mouse Up" trigger on a Submit button.  Nothing happens when the button is clicked. 

I've called to request support and so far have received nothing besides "we can't help you".  I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me.   

Am I doing something wrong with the function?  Is there something else I should put into the Javascript box? 

http://help.adobe.com/livedocs/acrobat_sdk/11/Acrobat11_HTMLHelp/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.h...

Any advice will be welcome,

Debra

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Your form will not work in many browsers. Open the form in Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat and you can submit the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you open the form in Acrobat and submit the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded the form to the web.  I tried "submitting" the form using both the Submit A Form process and the javascript. 

Here's the form with the Submit A Form process - https://www.rubyvalleyhospital.com/testpage (please click Employment Application).

Here's the form with the javascript - http:///www.debramcneill.net/RVHEmplApp/EmplAppTest.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your form will not work in many browsers. Open the form in Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat and you can submit the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just disappointing it won't work from the browser. 

Thank you.  I'll try that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines