• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

plug ins

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop installed, there are two versions. one has the 64 bit beside it but non of my filters will show up here.  I have installed them different ways but they will only show up in the app that doesn't have the (64bit) beside it and now that version won't even open.  It crashes before it even opens up. 

I have also tried to choose which version opens but photoshop doesn't show in my list of programs.  Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your plug-in are 32bit plug-in you need to install the 32 Bit Photoshop and install your Plug-ins in that version's Plug-in Path.  You can install both the 32Bit version and the 64 bit version of Photoshop on your machine.  They have different Path and plug-in folders. When you need to use your 32 bit plug-in you would start and use the 32bit Photoshop version.    I have both  version of Photoshop CS6 and CC  installed but only have the 64bit versions  of CC 2014, CC 2015, cc 2015.5 and CC 2017 installed on my machine.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop?

Try opening the 64 bit version while holding down the Shift key, which forces it to ignore plugins and extensions.  If it works OK this way, then remove the plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toddc76446915  wrote

I have also tried to choose which version opens but photoshop doesn't show in my list of programs.  Help.

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application does not show that you have both installed and most likely will start 64 Bit version.  New Mac machine only support 64 Bit software. Photoshop on Mac is 64 bit old 32bit mac plug-in can not be used in CC.  IOS 11 is 64Bit only.  Old Apple mobile devices can not install IOS 11 and old 32bit apps do not work on IOS 11.

Only Windows users have the option of using old 32 bit plug-in.  Windows should show that you have both Photoshop versions installed and you should be able to start the version you want to use. They should be in the start button Programs list.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Now I understand why my filers show up in the 32 bit and not the 64.  However the 32 bit is the one that crashes before it even opens and I need to use those plugins.  I have tried to reinstall but same thing keeps happening.  Oh and this is all of a sudden been using this for months with no issue and started up photoshop yesterday and won't stay open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm at a bit of a loss right now.  You did not even know how to start the 32bit version of Photoshop.  Which you would have to to use 32bit Photoshop plug-ins.  With all that you have written I feel you may have installed incorrect plug-in versions into your Photoshop installs.

Please Press and hold the shift key down and keep it press and try to start the Photoshop version that keeps crashing.  Photoshop should pop up a dialog

Click yes see if Photoshop opens....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines