Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate - importing sound / using scenes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to make a multiple scene animation in Adobe Animate and I'm running into a couple of problems:

1. I can create multiple scenes if I start with an Action Script 3 file, but I can't import any of the sound files directly to the AS3 file.

2. I can import various sound files if I start with an HTML5 file, but I can't create additional scenes in this format.

The workaround seems to be that if I start an HTML5 file and pull in sound files there, I can then use them in my AS3 file, though this is obviously not what I want to do.

By the way, I have checked and I am attempting to use both Wav and MP3 files that have a sample rate of 44.100. To me though it doesn't make sense that they will import into the HTML5 Animate file but not the AS3. I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

I have no idea why, but in order to import any sound file into an AS3 file, I had to choose "enable all file types" under options after I selected File > Import to Library. By default this appears to be enabled already when working in HTML5. Maybe I just bumped something.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With AS3 you can set the sound sync to Stream, and it could be that's the problem, AS3 is upset by something in the sound that doesn't bother HTML5 Canvas.

Can you try doing an import into the library, of the sounds? Check that the sounds are 16 bit, and not 24 or 32 bit. Being 44.1 kHz is good, but the bit depth matters too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the sound files I'm trying to use. I'm using Media Encoder and I believe they are 16 bit, though I could be wrong.

Dropbox - test sounds

I'm still trying to figure out how to set the sound sync to Stream before I import any sound files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why, but in order to import any sound file into an AS3 file, I had to choose "enable all file types" under options after I selected File > Import to Library. By default this appears to be enabled already when working in HTML5. Maybe I just bumped something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had that happen before, and also answered questions in the forum where that was the answer. If you had mentioned that you couldn't even select the sound files, I would have suggested that one first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although you found a solution, I did look at the files too. The WAV is 48 kHz, which some people have reported as leading to sync issues. I don't think it will matter much from sound effects.

In general you're better off working with WAV in an AS3 FLA, you can decide the MP3 compression later on, and having WAV makes scrubbing through the timeline much better quality. With HTML5 I've found it to work better with MP3, and as it doesn't do Stream sync you won't be scrubbing the timeline so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines