• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-REcropping occurs when running action in Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set up an action to resize my clipped product images. Upon running the action some of the images are getting auto-REcropped. Photoshop is automatically altering the previously saved crop while performing the action. What is causing this? I've run out of theories to try and fix. –Thanks ahead for your assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You recorded the actions and therefore should know how they work.  We have no Idea of what steps you have recorded.  Auto-REcropped is something you came up with there is no feature like that in Photoshop.   Photoshop only performs the steps you recorded in your actions.   What do you mean by automatically altering previously saved crops. Do you mean your actions are replacing files you save in the past by overwriting the old saved files.  An action can easily do that.   Your actions are doing what you see.  Photoshop simply performs your recorded steps.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow me to reiterate. The source images have been clipped and cropped to a 1:1 ratio. When I apply the automated batch action to crop all images to 10"x10" @300ppi, some of the source images get altered (meaning the original crop to 1:1 has shifted maybe 250 pixels to the left or right, up or down. It's different for every image.)

I'm not sure why this shifting occurs. If I manually apply the same 10"x10" @300ppi preset crop to the source image it always works no problem and honors the original 1:1 crop. So, I guess it could have something to do with setting up my actions, but it works fine for some images and others will get an unexpected shift.

Thanks again for trying to assist. I really appreciate it. I will undoubtedly be taking a look at more tutorials regarding actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ther is nothine we can do without you actuons. Pleas upload your action set *.atn file to a file sharing service and post a link to yot actions..

Also Clipped to what?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines