Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone help me with error code:1180&1120

Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I am new to Flash trying to learn website making by self. below are the error codes I am getting 

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 7 1180: Call to a possibly undefined method gotoAndstop.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 11 1180: Call to a possibly undefined method gotoAndstop.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 15 1180: Call to a possibly undefined method gotoAndstop.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 19 1180: Call to a possibly undefined method gotoAndstop.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 5 1120: Access of undefined property ourservices_button.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 9 1120: Access of undefined property products_button.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 13 1120: Access of undefined property aboutus_button.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 17 1120: Access of undefined property contactus_buttontn.

The script I am using

stop();

ourservices_button.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,goourservices);

function goourservices(Event:MouseEvent):void{

gotoAndstop(1);

}

products_button.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,goproducts);

function goproducts(Event:MouseEvent):void{

gotoAndstop(2);

}

aboutus_button.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,goaboutus);

function goaboutus(Event:MouseEvent):void{

gotoAndstop(3);

}

contactus_buttontn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,gocontactus);

function gocontactus(Event:MouseEvent):void{

gotoAndstop(4);

}

Can someone help me with it, please? Thanks in Anticipation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Here we go! I fixed it for you. https://goo.gl/KiCXkN

Please notice that I reorganized your layers and objects so it's cleaner and more effective now.

Elements that appear on more than one frame should be kept in only one keyframe and/or layer.

Also notice that if you don't want some states inside of a Button component, it's better to select them and make them invisible on the Properties panel (the visible property not the alpha).

I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using HTML5 Canvas? in that case you need to add "this." before each button.

For example: "this.ourservices_button".

Same with the gotoAndStop lines,  though that doesn't work as they're inside functions. So you would need some variable to store this in.

For example: "var main = this;"

Then you can replace this with main.

Edit:

It should be gotoAndStop instead of gotoAndstop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RandomlyFish  wrote

Are you using HTML5 Canvas?

He's not. MouseEvent.CLICK, Event:MouseEvent, and :void are all AS3 code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gotoAndstop is missing a capital S. Should be gotoAndStop.

And make sure your buttons are named correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help JoaoCesar,  but now I am getting an error for undefined property and I named all of them, don't know why it's not working, can you please help me with it? Thank you.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 6 1120: Access of undefined property ourservices_button.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 10 1120: Access of undefined property products_button.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 14 1120: Access of undefined property aboutus_button.

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 18 1120: Access of undefined property contactus_buttontn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make sure you are using instance names not the library names. To change a instance name, selece a button on the stage, press Ctrl + F3 (Cmd + F3) and change the first field on the Properties panel.

Anyway, here is a FLA with your example working: https://goo.gl/uB3TBV .

I hope it helps.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Ctrl+F3, I think it's a wrong command for Flash Pro CS6 anyways this is the file I am working on buttons.fla - Google Drive can you please look at it and address the issues, Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops! my bad that's not the right link sorry, this is the one myweb.fla - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go! I fixed it for you. https://goo.gl/KiCXkN

Please notice that I reorganized your layers and objects so it's cleaner and more effective now.

Elements that appear on more than one frame should be kept in only one keyframe and/or layer.

Also notice that if you don't want some states inside of a Button component, it's better to select them and make them invisible on the Properties panel (the visible property not the alpha).

I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also call the Properties panel going to Window > Properties.

Isn't the example I uploaded to Google Drive working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines