• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error updating Photoshop CS6 after installing PS/LR CC

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I updated my main computer to High Sierra.  No problems except as described below.

Today I suscribed to Creative Cloud, downloaded and installed Photoshop CC (2017) and Lightroom (whatever).  No problems except as described below.

The Creative Cloud app says an update is available for Photoshop CS6.

Attempt to update shows error U44M1P7.  The following line appears near end of log: "Aborting write on pipe 6, errno: 32".

Several attempts to update all show same error.

I'm not sure how much I care, in that the PS CC supercedes PS CS6...

Any suggestions on workarounds?

Craig MacKenna

craigm014@gmail.com

408-402-1979

UPDATE: same thing happened in updating my other computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

You are getting the error code I got that indicate your Photoshop installation has been corrupted. I still think you need to re-install CS6 back to version 13.0  and update that install..

https://www.google.com/search?q=U44M1P7&oq=U44M1P7&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.1815j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem like that.  There are three versions of CS6.  Perpetual version 13.0.1.3 Windows, Perpetual version 13.0.6 Mac and Subscription version 13.1.2.

I had Perpetual version 13.0.1.3 windows install one my machine and wanted to keep the intact foe Subscription version 13.1.2 has some differences that I doe not want.  Perpetually Windows version version 13.0.1.3 cant use the optional cs5 Plug-ins Web Photo galleries and Picture Package where these plug-in do not work with subscription version 13.1.2..

I did not Ask the Creative Cloud Desktop Application to update CS6.  I did not want it updated.  However at some Point in time the creative  cloud tried to update my CS6.  Instead the update broke the existing CS6 version 13.0.1.3 and CS6 then reported it was at  level 13.0. A very buggy version broken version of CS6.  Any attempt to Update CS6 resulted in the error message   U44M1P7  which indicates the installation is bad.

To fix the Problem I installed CS6 on top of the broken install.   Reinstalling  CS6 fixed the broken CS6 install.  CS6 was back leveled to the buggy CS6 version 13.0.   I was then able to update CS6.  CS6 updated to the subscription version 13.1.2.   The version of CS6 I did not want.    It works however, it can not use the old CS5 optional Plug-in.  If does have a Scripting bug fix for a problem I reported  which is not fixed  in Version 13.0.1.3.

It does not matter much for I use CC 2014 whoch is a better version version of Photoshop. Newer Photoshop version have bugs that bite when I user them..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.  My case differs from yours in that PS CS6 still reports itself as 13.0.6 Mac, and it still works in a small test case.  But I do have one further Q: when you "installed CS6 on top of the broken install", how/where did you obtain the CS6 installer to do so?

Thanks for the help,

Craig MacKenna

craigm014@gmail.com

408-402-1979

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are getting the error code I got that indicate your Photoshop installation has been corrupted. I still think you need to re-install CS6 back to version 13.0  and update that install..

https://www.google.com/search?q=U44M1P7&oq=U44M1P7&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.1815j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  Where do I get a Photoshop 13.0 installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines