How to design interactive ebook for Android technology based devices

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

Greetings of the day

I am working on a project of making ebooks. I have few queries:

1. How to make an interactive ebook with animations, multiple object images, videos, buttons etc which works well on Android Tablets, Android Phones, Apple iPad, Apple iPhone and also laptops.

Recently I designed an ebook with the interactivity as mentioned above, it plays well on Apple iPad and iPhone, but when I downloaded it to OnePlus 5 which is Android base, the interactivity is not functioning at all. The pages are looking like pdf pages.

Please advise what can be done to make ebook interactive for Android technology based devices.

2. After making the ebook in Adobe Indesign CC, at the time of exporting the file and saving as fixed epub layout, in the Viewing App dialogue box there is only option of Apple iPad for viewing purpose. Why Adobe is not providing Android Base device option to view the book in Indesign CC.

Same is the case in all the videos of Terry White, an Adobe evangelist, he is only displaying the end product on Apple iPad and never use any Android-based mediums.

Is it because Adobe only supports Apple technology and it is not workable with Android-based devices. Please clarify.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This online video course would give you a good idea of the various digital eBook formats and the strengths and weaknesses of each type (you can get a 30-day free trial): Ebook Foundations

Also have a look at in5: Ajar Productions: in5 - Home

Adobe provide the free ePub reader Adobe Digital Editions: Download | Adobe Digital Editions

You'd also be wise to validate your ePub, this is free EPUB Validator (beta) or alternatively, the best in my opinion (not free) FlightDeck

You may need to sacrifice some of the features you want in your digital publication or, alternatively, produce different versions for different platforms.

Re Terry White, remember he's paid to promote Adobe products, which is does well, but he'll tend to make things look easy and simple and he'll not, generally, feature issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You, Mr. Derek, for the information .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines