• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Toolbar

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the latest version of PhotoShop.   I have an issue with the Essential Toolbar. I am unable to drill to the options on the toolbar. For example, when I click  Marquee tool it does not give the other options of the marquee.    How do I sort out this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Let's try this. Simply clicking the arrow wont work you have to make sure you hold the mouse click down for a second or 2 and it should popup. If that doesn't work try using the hot key commands, so if you want to use the marquee tool hit (Shift + M) and if you keep hitting that it should cycle through all of the options.

I hope this helps and works, good luck!

-Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Preferences which is under the General tab in Photoshop Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your prompt response. I tried resetting under General Tab. It does not work.

Kind Regards,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you select the small triangle bottom-right of the Marquee Tool, you don't get the fly-out like the screen shot below?

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 13.56.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

That is right. If I click on the triangle it does not open up with options.

Kind Regards,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be best to uninstall Photoshop, using the drop-down in the Creative Cloud app (see screen shot), and then reinstall. If that doesn't work, uninstall again and run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 14.51.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's try this. Simply clicking the arrow wont work you have to make sure you hold the mouse click down for a second or 2 and it should popup. If that doesn't work try using the hot key commands, so if you want to use the marquee tool hit (Shift + M) and if you keep hitting that it should cycle through all of the options.

I hope this helps and works, good luck!

-Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines